Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Runner for Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it will be Mayweather, and rather easily.

Comment

It's wide open at this point. A lot of strong candidates.

I think Mayweather's going to get it though just solely because of the magnitude of the Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
        I know that lower weight classes are ignored, but i'd put Gallo Estrada in there. Beat tough veteran p4p Brian Viloria in April, beat undefeated Melindo in July, and another defense in December probably.

**** it, who am I kidding, Floyd will win it for sure.
        Man, my bad for missing out Estrada, I still think Stevenson and Garcia are the best options up there. Rigo is a close second for what he did, seriously, Donaire is still one of my fav p4p guys out there and Rigo schooled him.

I mentioned Floyd cos I know the fanboys and the media love him but I would never have Floyd as FOTY for 2013. Guerrero and Canelo? Guerrero is B level opposition and to say Canelo is green is an understatement, add to that the fact that the fight was nothing special and everything went as people in the know said it would. I don't see how he can be picked above guys like Garcia, Stevenson and Rigo.

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Why should people be laughed at for a reasonable opinion?

Anyway my pick would go to Rigondeaux, you don't often see a legitimate world class fighter get completely schooled, feel that inactivity hurts his case however I'm willing to sympathise with him because the issue is outside of his control.
        Rigo probably had one of the best performances and upsets if I'm being honest but he has been far too inactive. He still has a chance in getting a good opponent for Oct, Dec maybe?

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        It's wide open at this point. A lot of strong candidates.

I think Mayweather's going to get it though just solely because of the magnitude of the Canelo fight.
        I hope people are swayed by the hype surrounding Canelo, the guy was a 9-1 under dog in some places, what Floyd id wasn't great, he simply did what we all expected.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
          I know that lower weight classes are ignored, but i'd put Gallo Estrada in there. Beat tough veteran p4p Brian Viloria in April, beat undefeated Melindo in July, and another defense in December probably.

**** it, who am I kidding, Floyd will win it for sure.
          yah estrada definitely deserves a mention...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I believe it will be Mayweather, and rather easily.
            that would be pretty bs.....

rigo's win over donaire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> floyd beating guerrero and an overrated 23 yr old....

Comment

The Ring is picking Floyd and its not even a contest at this point.

The BWAA might be able to look past the magnitude of boxing events and look at the quality of opponents but if they pick Floyd it wouldn't surprise me either.

Comment

Ring will probably pick Mayweather.

Lot's of good mentions in this thread.

I'm picking Rigo. Because I can.

Comment

This award some times goes to the out of no where boxer with an upset win which is why I selected Stevenson. But the way Floyd looked at 36 and fighting twice this year with Events of a magnitude that it seems only he brings, I can see him easily winning it. If Mattyse beat Danny, he'd be a lock....but he didn't.

Comment

It's going to be Floyd everywhere because he fought twice this year and one of them was the biggest PPV event

Comment

Stevenson if he fights again
                      Rigondeaux schooling of Donaire comes as the best single victory followed by Garcia over Mathysse.

Golovkin is being hyped up, but he hasnt don anything yet

The rest are mehhh

Comment

Working...
                      X