Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has less than 15 fights against nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
      Has less than 15 fights against nobodies.

And Canelo has nearly treble that but let me guess, hes only a kid, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Not a fan of Canelo. The SN is a joke. "Boxing is a business".

Comment

Again...

A well timed jab can do that, he just got hit off balance and touched down, he wasn't phased in the slightest by it.

Its actually quite common when two southpaws fight each other!
          Robert Guerrero got knocked by a jab against Cassamayor is another fine example, I suppose The Ghost has a bad chin now does he?
          If he wasn't phased at all, why did he take off running for the rest of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
            Rigondeaux is a terrefic boxer and has some amazing skills but arguably the most overrated boxer on here. He has only fought one solid Jr FW and thats Ricardo Cordoba. Everyone else on his resume are bonafide cab drivers. I mean those guys are good in comparison to the amount of fights that he has but If you were to compare his record to a guy like Donaire or Mares then his record is garbage.

Does he have the talent, skills and God gifted ability? Absolutely! Sure he has 400+ amateur fights and has notable names on his on his amateur record but Ams and Pros are completely different. No headgear + smaller gloves, longer rounds and a more methodical pace makes a COMPLETE difference. I respect the guy for what he did in the Ams but it means nothing in the Pros at this point.

Donaire is NOTHING like the 11 guys Rigo has fought. Donaire will have the height, reach and arguably the weight advantage. Spead... I would say is equal. KO power? I would give give that to Donaire although Rigo has some pop himself but then again if Donaire fought all the guys on Rigo's resume, he would drop/KO them as well.

The thing about Rigo is his punch output is too low. Everytime he gets cracked with a good shot he goes all defensive and is punch output is even lower then it already is. Donaire can bang and look for the KO which he has been doing in some of his fights (Narvaez, WV2, Mathebula) or he can box and let the KO come like he did with Nishioka. Donaire is the more dynamic and multi faceted fighter. Rigo only has one style he can use and for the most part it can be entertaining and extremely boring depending on who he fights. And for the most part... Its boring.

I think Rigo poses the biggest threat to Nonito style wise but I just dont see Rigo beating Donaire if he decides to box and not look for the KO like he did with Narvaes, WV2 and Mathebula. Donaire matches Rigo in speed, has more KO power, has a higher punch output, has the height and reach advantage and can box if he wants. I see the fight looking a lot like Donaire v Narvaez in a boring fight.
            Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Look at some of the things hardcore fans are saying about the guy. No one could live up to that status. Therefore it is, by definition, overrating him. I think he's good but when otherwise good posters develop a Beiber-crush on him, it's hard to have a rational discussion without pulling back in the other direction to regain a little sanity.

I've got nothing against him but give the little funker a chance to prove what he's got in the pros and stop flaunting your speculative optimism cause you guys rip on others for doing the same thing (Alvarez anyone? )
              The difference is, Rigo is willing to fight anyone in his weight, Canelo not so much. He signed legit top 10 Poon on a months notice. He's not just fishing for a payday against an undersized superstar.

Comment

But like Rigo somehow has tons of fans based on hype and potential alone.

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
                  But like Rigo somehow has tons of fans based on hype and potential alone.
                  Rigo at least got an amateur pedigree for him and other people to brag about. Wtf does Canelo have to brag about? That he's a Mexican redhead with freckles?

Believe it or not people get hyped about great amateurs, sometimes they succeed sometimes they dont. Look at Golovkin and people can't wait for Lomachenko to turn pro. The list goes on...
                  Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Sad stuff. And you know what I noticed? The young Cubans we have here in the US now suck, like Barthelemy. So it makes me wonder who the Hell trained him...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    He doesn't suck. Notice he looked really good for about 3-4 rounds. But you can see the same pattern with guys with top notch amateur training: Yudel Johnson, Ugas, Despaigne, Luis Ortiz...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      If he wasn't phased at all, why did he take off running for the rest of the fight?

Because he isn't a one dimensional bum, its the art of hitting & not getting hit.
                      He got on his toes & was creating angles, making him miss, making him pay. Corboda wanted a tear up, why would Rigo want to fight Corboda's fight? When he could stick & move & box his way to an easy world title win?

You may call it boring, running and whatever else, I just sat is oar of what amazing footwork he has.

Wasn't it his first fight under a new trainer too?
                      Last edited by dan_cov; 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X