No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Win-lose-draw, I won't be going anywhere. Should he lose, I will be here to take the stick I deserve.

When Rigondeaux puts on a clinic, I'll just laugh. I won't even rub it in, you'll soon realise why I hold him in such high regard and why I've felt for sometime he is the best boxer on the planet.
    well, good luck w/ him then. i only see one fight (the marroquin fight) & that one fight tells me he doesn't have a very good defense. he relies on his reflex. a very good offensive fighter (well, im not speaking of nonitor here) can crack that chin up & ko's him! if that's nonito, someone would im pretty sure of it. maybe mares if rigo beats donaire!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      took his soul with some sh#t rounds, and one or two body shots?

here's what's actually going on here:

rico ramos sucks. he's one of the worst fighters to ever hold a world title and defend it on TV. he sucks now, and he sucked then. rigondeaux stopped him, and NSBers who don't know sh#t about boxing think that donaire, one of the top p4p, is ducking him on the merits of a win over rico f#cking ramos.
      So...you...you mean...Rico sucks? Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by New England
        Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Ummm Rigo took his soul dude... its obvious. Did you not watch their fight?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

rico ramos sucks. he's one of the worst fighters to ever hold a world title and defend it on TV. he sucks now, and he sucked then. rigondeaux stopped him, and NSBers who don't know sh#t about boxing think that donaire, one of the top p4p, is ducking him on the merits of a win over rico f#cking ramos.
        You make it sound like Rigo's body shots are you're typical body shots. Tell you what NE, I'll let you in a little secret. When stroke by one of Rigo's body shots , it's like being stroke by one of Zeus lightning bolts. They are that godly...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
          Quote:

Originally Posted by New England

Don't mind him... Rigo sucks but Canelo doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Corboda, Ramos, Kennedy, Marroquinn, Casey (who got robbed not so long back) and soon to come Donaire.

Two of which were top 10 & former world champions. I maybe off on that, I am not sure Corboda ever was world champion though he certainly would of been if it wasn't for horrible hometown decisions going against him.

he had been challenging for world titles as early as '05. the only thing you need to know about cordoba at the state in which he fought rigo was that he was only a few fights removed from a bonafide war with bernard duune in ireland. at the time he was an "interim champion," whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

neither duune or cordoba were ever been the same after that '09 fight. duune lost his next fight via stoppage and retired, if memory serves right. cordoba got badly hurt early, fought through a war, and was stopped in the 11th, ahead on all cards. dropped duune twice in the 5th. worth a watch if anybody has not seen it. classic fight.

in fact, rigo was the only fight cordoba took in the USA. he retired after the rigo fight, and is now fighting in panama against bonafide nobodies in a "comeback"
            Last edited by New England; 01-19-2013, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
              well, good luck w/ him then. i only see one fight (the marroquin fight) & that one fight tells me he doesn't have a very good defense. he relies on his reflex. a very good offensive fighter (well, im not speaking of nonitor here) can crack that chin up & ko's him! if that's nonito, someone would im pretty sure of it. maybe mares if rigo beats donaire!

Seriously? He got hit with two noteworthy shots over 12 rounds lol
              Marroquinn only landed 16% of his total punches.

Marroquinn is a big kid and was a very successful amateur in his own rights with a win over Gary Russel Jr.

Rigondeaux's defense is outstanding, honestly.
              Even his biggest critics will admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

i have never said rigondeaux sucks. he's overrated. i am not the fanboy here, man. i don't want to call you out, cuz you're a nice guy, but that is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Is that what it said? I think I missed that... Either way Romero is a guy to look for. Awesome boxer with great stamina.

A guy from my hometown gave Rigo a tough fight. Some people thought he beat Rigo but Rigo busted his ear or some ****.

Makes you wonder, what if Rigo defected in his early 20s?

I've thought about that sort of thing many times. What if? Not just with Rigo, but with practically all these Cuban defectors. Such great talent, left to languish in the amateurs for years: wasting prime time, developing bad habits and ingraining a style that's not suitable for professional competition.

At 22, Rigo was already an amazing fighter. If that same kid was scooped up by a top pro trainer, he'd be phenomenal. As it is, many knowledgeable people are picking him to beat one of the top names in the sport. There comes a point where, if you don't step up, you get caught in a rut and your growth is stymied. I sincerely hope that isn't the case with Guillermo.
                  Sad stuff. And you know what I noticed? The young Cubans we have here in the US now suck, like Barthelemy. So it makes me wonder who the Hell trained him...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by chito

Seriously? He got hit with two noteworthy shots over 12 rounds lol
                    Marroquinn only landed 16% of his total punches.

Marroquinn is a big kid and was a very successful amateur in his own rights with a win over Gary Russel Jr.

Rigondeaux's defense is outstanding, honestly.
                    Even his biggest critics will admit that.
                    And Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i have never said rigondeaux sucks. he's overrated. i am not the fanboy here, man. i don't want to call you out, cuz you're a nice guy, but that is what it is.
                      Actually, jsfd26 misread my post. (It is late, after all. lol) I wrote RiCo, not RiGo.

Comment

Working...
                      X