No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Can somebody answer me this; Seeing as you all keep saying Rigondeaux is overrated and the most overrated on this entire site (though I think Golovkin wins that hands down) how come nearly everyone is picking Donaire?

Because they think he is overrated.

Comment

I think Top Rank was expecting MarroquÃ*n to KO Rigo and convert him into a star. Its a shame cause he's a very skilled prospect and looks like a nice kid.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        Almost knocked into a coma by a jab.
        Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        f----a----c----t
        A sliiiiight exaggeration there. We've seen guys truly get rocked by jabs before. This wasn't one of those times. Cotto knocked Clottey down with a heavy jab. Was Joshua "almost knocked into a coma?"

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          A sliiiiight exaggeration there. We've seen guys truly get rocked by jabs before. This wasn't one of those times. Cotto knocked Clottey down with a heavy jab. Was Joshua "almost knocked into a coma?"
          It was obviously an exaggeration for comedic effect but Rigo did get dazed.

Comment

Again...

A well timed jab can do that, he just got hit off balance and touched down, he wasn't phased in the slightest by it.

Its actually quite common when two southpaws fight each other!
            Robert Guerrero got knocked by a jab against Cassamayor is another fine example, I suppose The Ghost has a bad chin now does he?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Rewatch his fight with Rigo. I thought they mentioned there...? With US commentating tho. Not BoxNation or anything like that. Could be wrong, maybe I'm mistaking it for Russell Jr.

He did, you are right!
              Beat Gary Russell Jr & Adrien Broner twice!

The problem has been solved thanks to Robert Marroquinn
              Wait what....? You found it? Or are you trolling? Only thing I can find is that he went 1-3 vs Russell Jr. Lol

Real amateur records and fights I find hard to come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                It was obviously an exaggeration for comedic effect but Rigo did get dazed.
                I wouldn't even say that. However, I will admit that something entered his head after that. Rigo got on his bike for the rest of the fight. I believe he instinctively reverted back to his amateur days. (This was only his seventh pro fight, a championship bout at that.) His approach changed from night-to-day after Cordoba. Guillermo got far more aggressive. Granted, not against anyone as good as Ricardo, but the change did come.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Can somebody answer me this; Seeing as you all keep saying Rigondeaux is overrated and the most overrated on this entire site (though I think Golovkin wins that hands down) how come nearly everyone is picking Donaire?

Lets be honest; Golovkin wasn't half the amateur Rigondeaux was, he hasn't done as much in twice the amount of pro fights Rigo has but you're all on his nuts based on amateur credentials and mythical power. Hypocrites!

Golovkin is even more unproven than Rigo is!

when golovkin is touted as the second coming of jesus, he's overrated. same with rigo. both are very good figthers.

golovkin is a puncher and agressor at a time when there are very few of those around. much of his appeal comes from that. it's not only the prospect of seeing him beat people that is compelling, but we get to see him beat people up.

rigo is a terrific figther. how many guys are at this level after so few pro fights? only the top amateurs, that's who.

still, he's overrated when he gets spoken of as being in the same realm as the two proven fighters who are now at 122, mares and donaire. to say he rates higher than those two is overrating him. there's no more clear case of a man being overrated than that.

now, can you say you think rigo can beat those two? sure. but to discredit their accomplishments by saying that they are less than rigondeaux is wrong, and overrating rigo.

yes, rigo is an inexperienced professional, but that doesn't deny the fact that he's a much less accomplished professional than nonito donaire, who has been an elite fighter since he stopped darchinyan in '07.

Comment

Think about it. Let's say its true that he was never dropped or whatnot. Then all of the sudden you are fighting with no head gear and touch the canvas. Of course you're gonna panick. 400 fights its a lot of fkin fights and at his age his style will NEVER change. Its been implanted in him so much that Is probably impossible to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Think about it. Let's say its true that he was never dropped or whatnot. Then all of the sudden you are fighting with no head gear and touch the canvas. Of course you're gonna panick. 400 fights its a lot of fkin fights and at his age his style will NEVER change. Its been implanted in him so much that Is probably impossible to get it out.
                      That's always been my biggest concern with Rigo, that so many damn amateur fights has ingrained in him an unhealthy approach to the pro game. Approximately 400 amateur fights and the guy is a 32 year-old rookie pro. Tough to change your spots, especially when you've had so much success doing things a certain way.

In any event: Rigo may or may not beat Donaire, but just the fact that so many even give him a chance to says something. Guillermo isn't just some "glorified amateur." He's a real talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X