No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Promoted To WBA 'Super Champion' Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Junior welterweight Adrien Broner has now been promoted to the status of "super champion" by World Boxing Association.

Broner (31-2, 23 KO), who captured the "regular" championship on October 3rd with a knockout of Khabib Allakhverdiev, was given a higher status in the organization after a ruling was issued by the WBA Championships Committee. Broner is a four division world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    watta a fookn JOKE.....................

Comment

What an absolutely horrific organization. I can't even bring myself to recognize the WBA as a legit championship these days. They've been complete and utter nonsense for years and years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        I heard Chudinov is about to serve him up.... of course he just lost too, so they want this interim title back into his hands
        Full fucking circle

Comment

inb4 WBA starts giving out participation belts to everyone

Comment

And this is why BELTS are GARBAGE!!! GGG is going to go broke trying to keeps all of his.

Comment

WTF, promoted in boxing... you were serious about that!

Comment

This really stinks BTW and doesn't make Broner's belt anymore valid than any other elevated champion.

Can't we just have titles won and lost in the ring, not in the boardroom FFS.

This is how GGG got his title-elevation. Does this mean its ok if Stax and Brush have Broner as #3 p4p LOL?

Comment

Yet another reason why posters on this site should stop calling everybody with an alphabet belt a "champion." They are belt-holders. And since Broner was "promoted" to "super champion," I just decided to promote myself to King of the MF World!

Comment

Originally, you were elevated to Super if you had numerous defences of the WBA belt, or you had unified with another belt

Now you can become Super champion by beating rank 5 Allakhverdiev, who was mysteriously given 5 ranks higher when he didnt even fight, around the time of the Broner fight negotiations.

The WBA have severely watered down what it means to be 'world champion'

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      Broner fights Allakardiev for the vacant regular belt while there's already an interim champ for that purpose.

Broner Immediately moved up to super champion making the regular belt vacant..... which will now be contested between the interim champ and next available contender.

#DecrognizeTheWBA
                      It pays to have a powerful manager.

The WBA is by far the worst though. Would be nice to see them go away forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X