No announcement yet.

You can't possibly think wladmir would be champ in another era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't possibly think wladmir would be champ in another era

Jennings would be a one round knockout to any world champ more than 20 years ago. We have seen guys like Brewster and Sanders flatten this guy. Klitschko basically beats up stationary overmatched punching bags. Anyone who decides to move there head even with no rhyme or reason some how gives this guy huge amounts of trouble.

Brewster was a poor mans Joe Frazier or Mike Tyson.
    Sanders was basically an earnie shavers,a one dimensional fighter with a big punch.

Wlad would lose by KO badly to a guy like Cooney.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Jennings would be a one round knockout to any world champ more than 20 years ago. We have seen guys like Brewster and Sanders flatten this guy. Klitschko basically beats up stationary overmatched punching bags. Anyone who decides to move there head even with no rhyme or reason some how gives this guy huge amounts of trouble.

Sanders was basically an earnie shavers,a one dimensional fighter with a big punch.

The quality of opponent these days is lacking. I don't know how people can be so blind to it. This kid last night did well for his ability but had no concept of what to do when he was stepping inside....he did at least try to punch inside which is more than most do these days.

Comment

Take the the wrestling away from Wlad and he's nearly helpless. Would have never survived in a tougher era where he was forced to fight.

Comment

Wladimir could be champ in other eras... He would be nowhere near as dominant and may never be champ in some eras like 65-95.. But I think he could beat all the guys Patterson, Marciano, dempsey, Louis, liston beat... In any era, at the very least, Wlad would be a major contender...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          The quality of opponent these days is lacking. I don't know how people can be so blind to it. This kid last night did well for his ability but had no concept of what to do when he was stepping inside....he did at least try to punch inside which is more than most do these days.
          Yeah, the depth at heavyweight is putrid..
          Only legit fights for wlad are fury, wilder, and maybe down the road stiverne, Joshua, Povetkin 2, haye 2...

The only good career wins I give wlad is
          Byrd 1
          Byrd 2
          PETER 1
          Imbrigov
          Chagev
          Haye
          Povetkin

And he has a few nice wins over guys like brock, Jennings, barrett

But his list of opponents is very underwhelming when compared to other great heavyweights..
          Plus the 3 ko stoppages doesn't help his case

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

i dont think it is a case of being champion in any other era.. what has to be accepted is that Wlad has been the best on earth since the year 2000 - 2015+ Wlad is now nearing 40yrs of age and is on the slide. But last nights performance cannot be taken as a pointer to his abilities throughout his career. Wlad in his previous fight against Kubret Purlev looked incredible !

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Yeah, the depth at heavyweight is putrid..
              Only legit fights for wlad are fury, wilder, and maybe down the road stiverne, Joshua, Povetkin 2, haye 2...

The only good career wins I give wlad is
              Byrd 1
              Byrd 2
              PETER 1
              Imbrigov
              Chagev
              Haye
              Povetkin

And he has a few nice wins over guys like brock, Jennings, barrett

But his list of opponents is very underwhelming when compared to other great heavyweights..
              Plus the 3 ko stoppages doesn't help his case
              I am one of the few who kinda disagree here bill.. i disagree in your assumption that Wlad's opponents are so poor. Wlad has repeatedly fought the very best opponents there has been available for him to fight, he has fought 8 undefeated contenders. Which is more than any other champion in boxing history. I cannot name one single opponent who Wlad has been deemed to avoid in the last 20yrs. He has fought everyone. Wlad is unbeaten in the last 11yrs which is only 8 months short of Joe Louis longest reign record, He has been a totally dominant champion who is without doubt an all time great and what is forgotten is Wlad's impeccable character and his class as a Champion and icon!

I would like to see Wlad now take a final bout against Shannon Briggs or David Haye or some other hasbeen who stands zero chance of beating him. I would like to see Wlad break the record of Joe Louis because i doubt that record will ever be beaten by any other fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                Take the the wrestling away from Wlad and he's nearly helpless. Would have never survived in a tougher era where he was forced to fight.
                This is a ridiculous comment, it's like saying, "Take a big toe of Michael Jordan's left-foot and he would never play in any other era".. wrestling, grappling, holding have always been part of heavyweight boxing. Go and watch Johnson vs Willard from 90yrs ago, or Ali vs Frazier (2) from 1974..

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  I am one of the few who kinda disagree here bill.. i disagree in your assumption that Wlad's opponents are so poor. Wlad has repeatedly fought the very best opponents there has been available for him to fight, he has fought 8 undefeated contenders. Which is more than any other champion in boxing history. I cannot name one single opponent who Wlad has been deemed to avoid in the last 20yrs. He has fought everyone. Wlad is unbeaten in the last 11yrs which is only 8 months short of Joe Louis longest reign record, He has been a totally dominant champion who is without doubt an all time great and what is forgotten is Wlad's impeccable character and his class as a Champion and icon!

I would like to see Wlad now take a final bout against Shannon Briggs or David Haye or some other hasbeen who stands zero chance of beating him. I would like to see Wlad break the record of Joe Louis because i doubt that record will ever be beaten by any other fighter.

I'm not saying wlad ducked anyone, just that he doesn't have a lot of legit threats during his era...

Comment

He's an Olympic gold medalist and was first a champion in 2000, almost the 90's, beating Chris Byrd, a guy who would have beaten a lot of the dudes that held titles in previous eras. 24 years old and hw champion, and at 39 is still champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X