Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can't possibly think wladmir would be champ in another era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has his size. He is scared to death of being hit. He found out there is no "chin in a syringe yet."

Best in the world because the world is not much in that department anymore. The best sword maker in the world today might be pretty good, but he would have a lot to learn from the ancients, who traded back when so much more depended on a man's sword than it does now.

No way to prove it, but I think a good deal of yesterday's cruisers--which is all that heavyweights were back then--would still whip this spineless galoot over fifteen rounds with a referee who lets them brawl.

However, even this would not be enough. Klinchko would still run and hold like a girl faced with little Marciano. An eight foot ring would not even solve it. With no room for a referee it would be all clinch.

When will he ever fight like a champion? Never. If you think his fights are unwatchable now, wait a few years down the road when you try to review them and find you cannot watch them. It is like watching old Roy Jones fights. Wake me when the punch comes.

Comment

He's 40 and on the slide, he could hang in other eras. A great hw but one in the right place at the right time. He is lucky for that, i mean seriously imagine what a guy like holyfield would do to him or an ibeabuchi. They would close the gap and light him up .

Comment

Holyfield, Norton, or Frazier would of been great stylistic matchups against this current Wlad.

Comment

Anywhere between the 20s and 80s Wlad would be a journeyman.

Comment

This section is becoming the nsb.

Comment

I'm not sure how much he's "slipped" considering I never thought he was a talent to begin with.
              He fought a fellow with 19 fights and a few KO wins and the kid didn't attack enough to push him but he was so defensive he was once again a BORE!
              He is afraid to engage and is very cautious not to exchange at the same time.
              His corner kept pressing him to box and get an angle because they don't want that chin clipped!
              The guys been successfull and as a man he is a gentleman and I like him but I don't see talent and the opponents are weak.
              He would not do well against men who came to fight, they would get by his jab and as you saw the other night his right hand isn't what people claim it is. He dips his shoulders and leans forward instead of turning his waist and bringing the shouilder. He rarely tries to punch "through" a target also!
              He was a good student with Emanuel and Manny saved this guys career teaching him caution and height use but as a pure fighter he doesn't have it.
              He is far to one dimentional to succeed against great fighters.
              Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                I'm not sure how much he's "slipped" considering I never thought he was a talent to begin with.
                He fought a fellow with 19 fights and a few KO wins and the kid didn't attack enough to push him but he was so defensive he was once again a BORE!
                His corner kept pressing him to box and get an angle because they don't want that chin clipped!
                The guys been successfull and as a man he is a gentleman and I like him but I don't see talent and the opponents are weak.
                He would not do well against men who came to fight, they would get by his jab and as you saw the other night his right hand isn't what people claim it is. He dips his shoulders and leans forward instead of turning his waist and bringing the shouilder. He rarely tries to punch "through" a target also!
                He was a good student with Emanuel and Manny saved this guys career teaching him caution and height use but as a pure fighter he doesn't have it.
                Ray.
                Yet hes much better technically than Joe Louis ever was?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Ray.
                  i agree with your assessment, but the same can be said of Lennox Lewis. Many of his fights were snoozers, Tua, Mavrovich, Akinwande and Lewis was also timid and cautious. Lewis had Holyfield hurt and backed on the ropes, but stood back instead of going for the kill and it cost him the fight, coming away with a draw. Lewis took 8rds to beat a shell of Mike Tyson who was addicted to anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine & cannabis and also weighing a career highest. Whereas Danny Williams & Kevin McBride had far less trouble with the same shell...Wlad cannot be blamed for the competition he faces, he has taken on all-comers over the last 11yrs and beaten then all. His style may not be pleasing to the eye, but it is very effective that there is no doubt about.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    i agree with your assessment, but the same can be said of Lennox Lewis. Many of his fights were snoozers, Tua, Mavrovich, Akinwande and Lewis was also timid and cautious. Lewis had Holyfield hurt and backed on the ropes, but stood back instead of going for the kill and it cost him the fight, coming away with a draw. Lewis took 8rds to beat a shell of Mike Tyson who was addicted to anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine & cannabis and also weighing a career highest. Whereas Danny Williams & Kevin McBride had far less trouble with the same shell...Wlad cannot be blamed for the competition he faces, he has taken on all-comers over the last 11yrs and beaten then all. His style may not be pleasing to the eye, but it is very effective that there is no doubt about.
                    His assessment is false ,what the nostalgic hard core fans dont understand is when someone rarely gets hit they must be afraid or doing something wrong ,Wlads defence strategy is that good ,yet a guy like Ali who was hit to much is considered unhittable?

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      Jennings would be a one round knockout to any world champ more than 20 years ago. We have seen guys like Brewster and Sanders flatten this guy. Klitschko basically beats up stationary overmatched punching bags. Anyone who decides to move there head even with no rhyme or reason some how gives this guy huge amounts of trouble.

Brewster was a poor mans Joe Frazier or Mike Tyson.
                      Sanders was basically an earnie shavers,a one dimensional fighter with a big punch.

Wlad would lose by KO badly to a guy like Cooney.

Comment

Working...
                      X