No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Looking Forward To Wach Showdown on 11/10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Yea you should and he has but that should also apply to challengers right? Besides USA isn't the only place where boxing fights should matter.

Yes it was at the time. You seem to forget the hype behind it. C'mon now, you're a fan of history right? That wasn't too long ago.
    There was hype, but lets not get carried away. There was more hype for Haye vs Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      There was hype, but lets not get carried away. There was more hype for Haye vs Chisora.
      lmfao!! Now I know you're trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        lmfao!! Now I know you're trolling.
        How is that trolling? It was world news because of Chisora's actions before, during and after the Vitaly fight. Boxing fans watched Wlad-Haye. All of England was watching Haye-Chisora as well as people who weren't even boxing fans from around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          What fighters don't want to go to his hometown? And screw that anyway. If you're the "world champion" you should be willing to fight anywhere. Thy didn't happen often, but its actually the best way to show your greatness.
          Las Vegas is not the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
            Las Vegas is not the world.
            I don't recall anyone saying it was. But its still the boxing capitol of the world...don't you agree?

Comment

I'll watch Wlad destroy this guy.

Hopefully the Povetkin fight get's out the way next year. Povetkins been waiting for that beating a while.

I don't feel anyone is going to beat Wlad at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I'll watch Wlad destroy this guy.

Hopefully the Povetkin fight get's out the way next year. Povetkins been waiting for that beating a while.

I don't feel anyone is going to beat Wlad at this point.
                They won't. It'll be a couple more years until there is a true worthy Challenger.

Comment

If Wlad manages to get past this then it looks like 2013 could prove to be his definitive year. IBF winner being probably Pulev, then finally the Povetkin fight and maybe even Solis in there to top it off. That would be a spectacular year and for me would see Wlad easily break into the HW ATG top 10 rankings. A hell of a lot of work still to be done though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Yes, Wladimir's IBF mandatory could be decided as early as December.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...uzhe-v-dekabre

I think Kubrat Pulev will win this eliminator.
                    Good to hear that it will be finished in December. Povetkin has to fight him before March so he might have the Pulev and Povetkin fights over by June. That would be a amazing start to 2013.

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                    If Wlad manages to get past this then it looks like 2013 could prove to be his definitive year. IBF winner being probably Pulev, then finally the Povetkin fight and maybe even Solis in there to top it off. That would be a spectacular year and for me would see Wlad easily break into the HW ATG top 10 rankings. A hell of a lot of work still to be done though.
                    I would expect Fury or Helenius before Solis, he's fighting a bum on the Adamek card and he has legal problems.

Comment

klitschko is going to kick Wach's ass!

The knock on Wach, besides his lack of hand speed, footwork and defensive skills, is that he’s never fought a 1st tier opponent before. Wach has been pushed up to the #4 spot by the World Boxing Council without ever having beaten anyone other than guys like Kevin McBride, Galen Brown, Julius Long and Tye Fields. If Wach had previously fought quality guys and then used 2nd tier guys to get ready for Wladimir it would be one thing, but to have only fought lower level opposition his entire career it puts him into a situation where he’s going to be over his head when he steps out into the ring with Wladimir on November 10th. I find it funny how the same people that say Wach is worthy opponent condemn Rahman for getting a high ranking and a title shot. They beat the same level of fighters.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 08-22-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X