Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    There is no boxing company on God's green earth that can make consistently great fights. Not one that lasts anyway. Would be very stupid.

You have to chuckle at some of these posts. PBC continues to sign fighters left and right. And continues to secure deals. If you're Addix, giving money to networks and fighters equals a money grab. If you have a brain, that's the last thing on it.
    Many would argue they haven't made any great fights and the overall quality hasn't been that good. Then you factor in the amount they are paying guys, over a million dollars for some mismatch or a fight that just doesn't make any sense, it's easy to come to the conclusion they could have done better.

Comment

Meanwhile at Haymon HQ

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        I'll have to ask the NSB financial experts, but if it's a good investment I'll go balls deep; no **** of course.
        I heard if you meet with their management, you will wake up in a strange room with about 5 grand in your pocket. Money for nothing apparently!

Comment

I really like the PBC concept. Boxing back on prime time network tv. We have to give it credit for that.

My criticisms as a fan looking at it from a casual fans perspective: PBC has no strategy. It has all of these Networks but no regular time shot on no network in particular.

It is making fights I would like to see: Mares vs Santa Cruz and Thurman vs Porter for example. However there is no build up for the fights. Put a top 10 list for the weight class at the start of the event. Have Porter in the ring for Thurmans post fight interview. Make a highlights package. Do something to make people hyped for a possible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            How is not a $ grab?

I spend 4-500 million to build a boxing company, yet none of the fighters are even signed to that boxing company.

I'm getting ripped the fck off. These investors clearly didn't know what they were getting into.

On top of that Haymon is going to put AT LEAST 15-20% of that right in his pocket. Its no wonder he has no problem putting on such ****ty fights so often, he's essentially payng himself.

He's stealing from these investors.
            A money grab. Where Haymon steals from the rich (W&R) and gives to the richer (networks) and the poor (fighters). Impressive money grab. And keeps giving it to them although he could probably cut out a few networks and fighters and just keep it for himself. Right?

Btw isn't waddell and reed a pubicly traded firm? In order to pull off this incredibly childish dream you post, they'd have to be in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I heard if you meet with their management, you will wake up in a strange room with about 5 grand in your pocket. Money for nothing apparently!
              After a shot of vodka (already have that part covered) and a mystery pill of course

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                I really like the PBC concept. Boxing back on prime time network tv. We have to give it credit for that.

My criticisms as a fan looking at it from a casual fans perspective: PBC has no strategy. It has all of these Networks but no regular time shot on no network in particular.

It is making fights I would like to see: Mares vs Santa Cruz and Thurman vs Porter for example. However there is no build up for the fights. Put a top 10 list for the weight class at the start of the event. Have Porter in the ring for Thurmans post fight interview. Make a highlights package. Do something to make people hyped for a possible fight.
                With boxing being all year round and not seasonal it's impossible to have a regular time slot on any of the big 4 networks and even ESPN. Now on a network like Spike sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Many would argue they haven't made any great fights and the overall quality hasn't been that good. Then you factor in the amount they are paying guys, over a million dollars for some mismatch or a fight that just doesn't make any sense, it's easy to come to the conclusion they could have done better.
                  I'd say they've made as many great fights, if not more, than any other platform this year. Just compare them to HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Do I look like your section 8 provider? Do it your fcking self you lazy fck.
                    Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Just a lot of people hoping it fails. I can understand those who see the #'s, not understanding and freaking out thinking it's hurting the sport but then you have posters who have some really, really twisted issues
                    So you see it as a success so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Meanwhile at Haymon HQ

Comment

Working...
                      X