Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    I weng to the alexander /martinez card in phx az. They gave me 12 tickets. All I had to do was pay 6 dollars tax fee for arena dues.

Everyone there at the fight I knew.
    It was everyone from The phx gyms with the same tickets. They were given free. The arena charged you 6 dollars.

I could have gotten 10 more.

When we sat in our seats the arena was empty.by the time alexander came out
    It was 35 percent full. And they asked everyone to come sit closer and fill the
    Close seats..

We then sat ringside like 5 seats from adrien broner 1 row behind him.

Pretty much it was 6 dollar tickets with about 3 thousand people . An espn telecast
    With selby vs montiel and alexander vs martinez. That had to be a good size loss
    $6, close to front, big upset, selby live....sounds like a win to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      NSB right now

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        It would be silly if we saw some kind of sign of improvement, but were not.

Ratings are dropping, Haymon hasn't figured out how to build stars, and NO ONE gives a flying fck about PBC, and they still haven't secured sponsors.

Look at PBC's upcoming schedule, you really think those crappy fights and bunch of nobodies are going to move the needle for PBC? Fck no...

They wanted PBC to be like UFC, where fans tune in just because it's UFC. That will never happen in boxing.
        Lol. I'm not sure where to begin. Let's make this simple for you. We'll start with their biggest platform, NBC. Post the ratings for the prior shows in the specific time slots PBC is now on. Post PBC's. Tell me what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Lol. I'm not sure where to begin. Let's make this simple for you. We'll start with their biggest platform, NBC. Post the ratings for the prior shows in the specific time slots PBC is now on. Post PBC's. Tell me what you find.
          Do I look like your section 8 provider? Do it your fcking self you lazy fck.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It's not that simple.

The purpose of issuing these reports is to show results and, more important, provide some sort of forecast for their investors. They don't dole out money and twiddle their thumbs for three years. If they see something wrong with the model, they'll tweak. If, after three years - or even before - the outlook is bleak, they'll move on. But seven months in, PBC is using the money they were given to start up their investment. Which is why this talk of "losses" is silly. If I give you a $1,000 to start a website and you spend $750 on the design and are now recruiting writers, marketing, etc., I'm not pulling out my hair asking, "What are you doing??" Because the answer will be, "What I'm supposed to be doing." Your question won't be answered in two quarters.
            Great analogy.

And its important to note that even after these results PBC has just added Fox as their 7th or 8th network a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Do I look like your section 8 provider? Do it your fcking self you lazy fck.
              That's more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                I hear yea. But to me it's less than a year old and they have burnt through almost 60% of the investment. Sponsorship are not there yet. They overflooded the market with boxing which meant many subpar matchups. You hear nothing about pbc on these networks. You don't see any advertising anywhere. Also you have to show invester progress if you want more money thrown at it. And IMO they have been regressing instead of progressing.

All I'm saying if this trend continues which i truly hope it doesn't, boxing on network tv can he gone forever.
                It all depends on what they would be thinking, I don't think that they thought 500 million would be the last money they would have to put in.

Eventually their channel numbers will retract because not all those networks will pay for that content, but I would imagine a couple major ones will, with maybe a smaller one will want to keep that content.

That would also be their progress getting actual TV deals, plus once the networks need to get that commercial money to cover costs they will care more about promoting the events.

That is still a ways off though they aren't stopping before that plays out good or bad for PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Great analogy.

And its important to note that even after these results PBC has just added Fox as their 7th or 8th network a couple weeks ago.
                  Just a lot of people hoping it fails. I can understand those who see the #'s, not understanding and freaking out thinking it's hurting the sport but then you have posters who have some really, really twisted issues

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

Comment

Not a good sign. If it fails like that person is predicting within 6-9 months, what a missed opportunity by Haymon. They really should have focused on making great fights, consistently, instead of some good fights mixed with a lot of bad ones. But all is not lost, they could still strike a big network deal or two soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X