Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saint laurent
    Haymon needs to keep Showtime happy so non-PBC promoters don't end up with those dates. PBC's plan has many phases and it's going to take five years before fans really figure out what the end game is. Right now Haymon is making sure that HBO/Top Rank/Main Events/Golden Boy are all on an island together.

HBO only has so many dates to go around, inevitably, the majority of top prospects are going to sign with Haymon because he's the guy that can get them dates. Over time, this will starve HBO's island and all of the promoters on it.
    This is the stuff people aren't even thinking about. I've been doing some extremely rough estimations (ie 100% guessing) of how much boxing thats on TV right now that is PBC boxing (usually my mark is 60%+) & when you think about the impact of that til 2018 it gets scary for these other groups with bringing guys up.

I think nearly every name in the sport today got their start on some non-HBO, non-Showtime network & Haymon gots most of them lined up with PBC content right now. So the guys coming up are obviously going to notice this & many will surely sign with Haymon. Making the TR's & GBP's of the world finding it tougher to build up their future names with all the infighting over dates.

And the most interesting impact with this whole thing is when/if some of the bigger names decide to jump ship to PBC instead of competing with limited dates with other networks.

Theres levels with all this PBC stuff. If you are just talking about fights & ratings you aren't looking deep enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Yourfar too ****** to get into any details.

300 million dollars burned, and all I ask is to tell me what they spent it on, and you making every excuse to duck the question.

Comment

Working...
      X