Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Amateur Bout (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHKAg8FZgTI 1st R
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hv_TWW-yY 2nd R

I lost via TKO in the 2nd round; tried my best but guess people who couldn't practice shouldn't ask for a victory lol; matter of fact my coach told me that I was stronger than my opponent, and I thought so too, I could kind of see the punches but I looked down because I don't think I'm still used to the punches, but compared to my other exhibition, I think I improved but what do you guys think?

IT'll be nice if you gave me some pointers... thanks

i'm the one in the blue, btw.

Comment

''I was better than the opponent in speed, stamina, footwork, etc but couldn't practice much because of school which caused me to look down when I took punches.''

Is this serious or are you trolling? You got dominated from start to finish & I think you need a new trainer for the sheer fact you did not belong in with that guy. Horrible matchmaking.
      You was in survival mode.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        ''I was better than the opponent in speed, stamina, footwork, etc but couldn't practice much because of school which caused me to look down when I took punches.''

Is this serious or are you trolling? You got dominated from start to finish & I think you need a new trainer for the sheer fact you did not belong in with that guy. Horrible matchmaking.
        You was in survival mode.
        sorry let me take back that i was better than... part. just couldn't cancel the fight, apparently i needed to go in that fight. sorry i didn't mean to sound like a dick.
        Last edited by moneymayforever; 04-09-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

In your 2nd round it seems it all really went downhill after you tried to force out the same (right hook) multiple times early on and got gassed. I would say to work on some better relaxation, you looked tense and then you looked tired. Which isn't a huge surprise, you know what I mean?

Comment

I used to play a boxing game as a kid where you could fight outside surrounded by trees. Nice to see it in real life at last

The negatives I noticed:

There were times when you'd move backwards without throwing until he'd already closed the distance. Nothing wrong with boxing on the back foot but you should try to be a bit more active with your jab and use it to control range. For example in the first round, at 1:10 you are in the centre of the ring, but then by 1:17 you back yourself into a corner without throwing any punches and that's when you get caught and end up taking a standing 8 count.

You moved to your left a lot of the time, which isn't a good idea against a right-handed opponent because you move towards his power punches.

Some good things I'd say:

Well done for getting in there and giving it a go. Most people don't so you deserve credit for that. The other guy looked pretty solid so I wouldn't let the loss bother you too much as he looked well-trained and maybe it was just a matter of experience.

I noticed that you clinched at times, which I regard as a good thing just because a lot of young boxers don't ever do it even when it's the smart move.

After taking some shots in the first round, you came out for the second with a lot of aggression. Not sure if that was the right strategy but it takes some guts to do.

Comment

next bout drink hasegawa sperm to attain the hasegawa effect... = instant win

Comment

i give you Respect or even entering the ring, good work. shows u have Heart. A lot of the people who will talk negative bout your performance dont even got the balls to train and step in the ring,

work on what u did wrong, u should know what u did that wasent right. im no trainer so im not going to act like one.

good work none the less

Comment

good fight,

next time give more body shots are very effective

Comment

. I would say to work on some better relaxation, you looked tense and then you looked tired.
                    Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X