Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Breakup With Canelo 'Literally Hurt My Feelings' - Vows To Rebuild Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited seating with Corona virus

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      That's what I meant..... And people gonna hate him anyway.... Watch after this fight, he has the pretty boy social media stigma. They will continue to hate him and will translate into money.

And u saying basically what I said lol
      How does it translate to money when he is on a non-ppv platform that no one has, and can't sell tickets due to the virus? He's probably leaving GB as well so he may be a midlevel star under Canelo promotions

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        I would LOVE to see that fight. I think Tank pulls out the win and turns into a breakout star because of it but it wont be a win that comes easy. Garcia will test his will and his chin. Just my 2 cents.
        i won't make any predictions before we see Garcia vs. Campbell!

Comment

I don’t like Oscar but if it wasn’t for him, Canelo would’ve been stuck in the go nowhere promotional deal he was initially in before Golden Boy stole him away. Which means, no wbc title fight at 20 yrs old, no fight on Floyd’s undercard vs Mosley, which then means no fight with Floyd, which then transitioned into his eventual fights with the other big names on his resume such as Cotto. A lot of the favorable treatment Canelo has enjoyed for the past 10 yrs ins due to his affiliation with Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            I don’t like Oscar but if it wasn’t for him, Canelo would’ve been stuck in the go nowhere promotional deal he was initially in before Golden Boy stole him away. Which means, no wbc title fight at 20 yrs old, no fight on Floyd’s undercard vs Mosley, which then means no fight with Floyd, which then transitioned into his eventual fights with the other big names on his resume such as Cotto. A lot of the favorable treatment Canelo has enjoyed for the past 10 yrs ins due to his affiliation with Golden Boy.
            So now that Canelo isn't with GB and Oscar anymore you gonna quit with the EXCUSES and CRYING??? Or close fights your still gonna say Oscar paid the judges off???

Get your excuses out now while you can at least. I like to hear EXCUSES before fights not after...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              So now that Canelo isn't with GB and Oscar anymore you gonna quit with the EXCUSES and CRYING??? Or close fights your still gonna say Oscar paid the judges off???

Get your excuses out now while you can at least. I like to hear EXCUSES before fights not after...
              just because canelo has received more ridiculous scorecards in his favor than any other boxer in history, doesn’t necessarily mean it was golden boy who did it. There are several people who stand to make money off canelo continuing to win; even when he really loses. Not sure what your point is but if you’re trying to deny that horrible scorecards always tend to appear in canelo fights, then you’re delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Idk man. You gotta be 147 or bigger usually to realllllllly cross over the casual fans. Historically thats been the case. Maybe Ryan is something new & we are in a new era where being popular online matters more than what you can do in the ring, but I wouldn't put money on Ryan surpassing Canelo boxing superstar-wise. I'm not even sure Ryan can have success at 147 or higher to gain legit boxing superstar status.

I've been saying & am still saying Vergil is the man GBP should be pushing harder than they are. He's the most talented guy on the roster now. He's just not as good with the SM stuff as a lot of these next gen guys.
                Ryan has a big frame and is at 135. He could be at 147 in a few years. Wouldnt surprise me at all. Especially with how weak WW is...Jaron Ennis (huge for WW) and Vergil Ortiz. By the time Ryan would arrive at WW there will be nothing left...could make it easier

Comment

Canelo was more than loyal tho and GBP/Oscar started treating him like a club fighter. Crazy how DLH cries to the public but still cant take any responsibility when - from my perspective - Oscar was the reason for the split in the first place.

There is literally only two BAD scorecards in Canelos whole career and that was the Floyd draw and the wide win over GGG in 1st fight. Every other card was reasonable even if you didnt agree

And dont give me the Lara whining...It was a close Alvarez win:

https://www.******.com/347703-canelo...siders-scores/

Below are the results of those reached by ******.com.

For Canelo Alvarez:
                  Doug Fischer, ******.com. = Alvarez, 115-113.
                  Norm Frauenheim, THE RING ****zine, www.15rounds.com = Alvarez, 116-114
                  Jeffrey Freeman, www.KODigest.TV = Alvarez, 115-113
                  Tom Gray, ******.com = Alvarez, 116-113
                  Andreas Hale, KnockoutNation.com = Alvarez, 115-113
                  Diego Morilla, XN Sports = Alvarez, 115-113
                  Kenny Porter, trainer of IBF welterweight titleholder Shawn Porter = Alvarez, 116-112
                  Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA 160-pound titleholder Gennady Golovkin = Alvarez, 115-113
                  Anson Wainwright, ******.com = Alvarez over Lara, 115-113.

For Erislandy Lara:
                  Corey Erdman, ******.com = Lara, 115-113
                  Steve Farhood, Showtime = Lara, 115-113
                  Lem Satterfield, ******.com = Lara, 115-113
                  Steve Stubbs, guest/fan, Germantown, Md. = Lara, 115-113
                  Bob Velin, USA Today = Lara, 115-113

Even/Draw:
                  Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com = 114-114
                  Lee Groves, ******.com = 114-114
                  Keith Idec, The Record/BoxingScene.com = 114-114
                  Ryan Maquinana, CSNBAYAREA/BoxingScene.com = 114-114
                  John J. Raspanti, Doghouseboxing.com/KO Monthly ****zine/examiner.com = 114-114
                  Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com = 114-114
                  Michael Rosenthal, THE RING ****zine = 114-114
                  Franciso Salazar, ******.com = 114-114

Total:
                  Nine for Alvarez
                  Five for Lara
                  Eight even
                  Last edited by #1PaperChamp; 12-11-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
                    Canelo was more than loyal tho and GBP/Oscar started treating him like a club fighter. Crazy how DLH cries to the public but still cant take any responsibility when - from my perspective - Oscar was the reason for the split in the first place.

There is literally only two BAD scorecards in Canelos whole career and that was the Floyd draw and the wide win over GGG in 1st fight. Every other card was reasonable even if you didnt agree
                    2 bad scorecards? So outside of the 2 you mentioned, you think 10 rounds to 2 for canelo over trout was a good card? How about 9 rounds to 3 over Lara? Or 11 rounds to 1 over Cotto? You must be joking. How did Oscar treat canelo like a club fighter? He helped get him the richest guaranteed contract in sports at the time. Wasn’t his fault that the contract was a bad deal for dazn as canelo didn’t generate the amount of subscriptions to justify 35 plus mil per fight.

Comment

2 bad scorecards? So outside of the 2 you mentioned, you think 10 rounds to 2 for canelo over trout was a good card? How about 9 rounds to 3 over Lara? Or 11 rounds to 1 over Cotto? You must be joking. How did Oscar treat canelo like a club fighter? He helped get him the richest guaranteed contract in sports at the time. Wasn’t his fault that the contract was a bad deal for dazn as canelo didn’t generate the amount of subscriptions to justify 35 plus mil per fight.
                      Yeah we get it you think Canelo lost to Trout, GGG x2, Lara, Cotto, Khan (If wasnt for LUCKY punch). Ohhh Cottos brother also.

Did I miss any??? If that's how you felt then you Byrd'd the other way.

Outside Floyd which Canelo lost like every round but one. I have no problem with the actual RESULTS.

I had GGG 7-5 in first fight. I can easily see a draw so im not gonna stress on that.

7-5 Canelo 2nd fight. Too little to late for ggg who came on strong. Just like Loma he gave to many of the early rounds away.

Lara I felt could of had the fight but fought to scared and like it was the Olympics. I also score body punches and that was where Canelo put is work in.

No Heart Trout! Got dropped, bloody mouth, and Bambi-legged a few times. New the score and did jack sht about it. Better to survive and complain latter. Then get dropped again.

Comment

Working...
                      X