Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs Deal Won't Be Done Today; 12/17 Purse Bid Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs Deal Won't Be Done Today; 12/17 Purse Bid Looms

BoxingScene.com has learned that representatives for Gennady Golovkin and Danny Jacobs are not expected to come to a contractual agreement for their middleweight title fight by Wednesday's 5 p.m. ET deadline.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBA better not give anymore extensions either. It's been 3 months. A fight like this, which isn't that big, shouldn't be taking 3 months to make.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        WBA better not give anymore extensions either. It's been 3 months. A fight like this, which isn't that big, shouldn't be taking 3 months to make.
        exactly. Loeffler should never have asked for an extension to try and reach a deal with these clowns. He should have let it go to bid and whatever happens happens.....

Comment

3 months no deal done. That's ridiculous.

Not sure who to blame but I highly doubt this fight gets made. Both guys need to move on I guess.

No way GGG fights on another outlet other than HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            exactly. Loeffler should never have asked for an extension to try and reach a deal with these clowns. He should have let it go to bid and whatever happens happens.....
            He didn't ask for an extension to get a deal done...he did it to buy time and find another easy fight for Gigi.

Comment

If haymon wins the bid no excuse on ggg part on fighting on another network

Comment

rooting for jacob not to duck, If he does fight GGG, he wouldve made Son of gift's ducking really embarassing.

Comment

I wish the WBA had the power to just force these two to fight without giving either fighter an escape route. Because this fight ain't happening otherwise.

Comment

WBA won't strip GGG, then they'd be left with Jacobs. lol Not a good trade for them. They need to cut Jacobs loose asap and get a new mandatory to step up who will be willing to make the fight happen. Lara would be a great substitute but I don't think that will happen for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X