No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao and The Media

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao and The Media

By Thomas Hauser - There’s a famous 17th-century carving above the door of a temple in Nikko, Japan. In recent centuries, it has been popularized in the form of three monkeys who, respectively, are covering their eyes, ears, and mouth. The monkeys embody the concept of dealing with impropriety by looking the other way, refusing to acknowledge it, or feigning ignorance: “See no evil, hear no evil; speak no evil.”

The carving would have been an appropriate logo for Mayweather-Pacquiao.

In the ring, Floyd Mayweather stands for excellence. Outside the ring, his conduct has been problematic. The media has chosen to glorify Mayweather’s lifestyle, which is excessive at times to the point of being vulgar. More troubling, much of the media has glossed over his penchant for physically abusing women.

Mayweather has an anger management problem. And it’s particularly acute with regard to women. He has been criminally convicted five times for incidents involving violence against women. On the last of these occasions, he served 63 days in jail.

When asked about this abuse during the build-up to Mayweather-Pacquiao, Mayweather consistently answered, “Only God can judge me.” As ESPN.com senior writer Tim McKeown noted, that was “a meaningless and cynical dodge.”

Mayweather is who he is and does what he does. As Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated pointed out, one of the things he does is, “Mayweather makes everyone around him rich. That means he does and says exactly what he wants exactly when he wants. He doesn’t apologize. He doesn’t admit guilt. He doesn’t surround himself with anyone who might, every once in a while, say, ‘maybe that’s a bad idea.’” [Click Here To Read More]

To bring matters from worse to WORST, Mayweather's holding, running and hugging makes him sadistically BORING inside the ring. Not a "fighter" by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus, he actually lost 4 rounds to a one-armed-man. No wonder his so-called "victory" is tainted and questioned for eternity.
    Last edited by Bald Shavers; 05-20-2015, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Shavers View Post
      To bring matters from worse to WORST, Mayweather's holding, running and hugging makes him sadistically BORING inside the ring.
      toradalquiao made the fight boring by not being able to cut off a ring after being a pro for how many yers now????pathetic

Comment

This is a boxing site so what or why post an article like this? Mr. Hauser recently posted an article called The Big Lie which glossed over the fact that someone in Pacaquios camp lied on an acknowledgment form. There was no "outright" indictment of the camp for the "perceived" negligence but there were tepid excuses (the preflight doctors should have asked more questions about the medications he was taking) as to why the injury wasn't disclosed or to cast the blame on someone else. The bias is clear in Mr. Hauser's article . . . Yes Mr. Mayweather isn't a very good person for his past crimes BUT did that have anything to do w/ the recent record setting ppv event? What is Boxingscene's purpose of posting such a negative article of one of the biggest stars of the sport it is promoting? If I want to read or see a bias socially conscious article about anything I will watch the fox network.

Comment

I read the article, there's nothing really new in it. They're well written pieces but really just a re-hash for those who were already following it.

Comment

Okay, so even if Mayweather has domestic abuse issues he still beat Pacquiao. That's obviously very tough for some people to accept.

This article was just regurgitated words that have been repeated many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Okay, so even if Mayweather has domestic abuse issues he still beat Pacquiao. That's obviously very tough for some people to accept.

This article was just regurgitated words that have been repeated many times before.
              Yep cant understand why the article got put up here it belongs in a tabloid , lot of guys hit women and many were severley provoked to hit them , you cant throw a blanket over this stuff because the circumstances are all different from one person to the next , from what I can see Floyd has done his time in jail so let it go , people cant be hating on Floyd on one hand and then praising Ray Robinson on another .

Hauser is no better than the media he goes on about .

Comment

Thomas Hauser, I must admit I once enjoyed reading your work. But lately you seem to be like an ex girlfriend, bringing up irrelevant **** that has nothing to do with current matters! Build a bridge and get over it!!

Comment

I think MAJORITY of Boxing Fans will be the one who will judge on who really won!

The fight was held at Floyd jr territory, with an ALL American Judges and Referee.

Floyd got warned by the Referee for low blows, and elbowing, excessive holding and hitting!
                  This ain't "sweet science in boxing" he run like a coward, not wanting to fight to toe with a one armed Pacman!

In the end, he got BOOED!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                    I think MAJORITY of Boxing Fans will be the one who will judge on who really won!

The fight was held at Floyd jr territory, with an ALL American Judges and Referee.

Floyd got warned by the Referee for low blows, and elbowing, excessive holding and hitting!
                    This ain't "sweet science in boxing" he run like a coward, not wanting to fight to toe with a one armed Pacman!

In the end, he got BOOED!
                    PAC lost

Comment

Working...
                    X