No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao and The Media

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    I think the boxing media are a bit gutless when it comes to the cancelling of credentials. It would be a big story in a lot of sports if a journalist lost their credentials because they were critical of a coach or a team. But most boxing writers don't say anything about it when it happens to one of their people. It's probably because most of them have no basic journalism training and don't even understand the norms of their own profession. You can see that in lots of other areas of their writing too.

Obviously this doesn't just apply to Mayweather/Haymon stories. It applies right across the board.
    There is a difference u know. I do visual boxers and promoters handle their own press events. They put the money up for them etc. It's not at all the same thing as a League with an organization controlling everything. Totally different situations.

Comment

Enough with Crapfight of the Centuries

Comment

What gets me about all these article about Floyd’s abuse of women is these writers seem to forget Floyd served his time the way the law is supposed to work. Funny how these stories seem to focus on one individual where there are thousands who have at one time or another been involved with the same abuse. But if anyone was to actually do more research other than focusing on Floyd they would see political officials in office, other sports figures, the average Joe walking the street as well as writers themselves have been convicted of abuse. But to be honest from where I’m sitting these writers like to focus on mostly black athletes so they can say the ole “Kids Look Up To You As A Role Model”. Well sorry to bust y’all bubble, but the only role model I ever looked up to were my parents because to do otherwise would be as about as ****** and dumb as one could be. Anyone that looks up to someone other than the person (s) who gave them life as a role model in my opinion is a fool. So if bashing Floyd about his abuse of women sells so be it, but he didn’t dodge your question when he said “Only God Can Judge Him” he just told you a fact. And just like Pacroid has to live with being beat by the better man, you writer will have to live with the better man not being any of you all and look elsewhere for someone to point the finger at….

Comment

I've listened to professors tell untruths while giving lectures about things they're supposed to know everything about.Whether that's caused by an assumption that everyone will believe them because they are professors or they really believe the things they say or, they are pushing agendas, I do not know. I think this writer is not far from this.

Most of us here know that there are more negative articles about Mayweather than there are positive. And, some people watch his fights to see him lose. The promotion of Mayweather that this writer is talking about is not necessarily meant to promote him but to get more hits on those articles because many people want to read negative things about Mayweather.

I think this writer is omitting some information in this article and not because he does not have this information but because his objective is to, once again, get many hits by using the same formula many so called boxing writers use - Criticise Mayweather.

Malignaggi said it: "FANBOYS"

Comment

Another article by Thomas Hater. I'll skip.

Comment

Originally posted by norrin View Post
              This is a boxing site so what or why post an article like this? Mr. Hauser recently posted an article called The Big Lie which glossed over the fact that someone in Pacaquios camp lied on an acknowledgment form. There was no "outright" indictment of the camp for the "perceived" negligence but there were tepid excuses (the preflight doctors should have asked more questions about the medications he was taking) as to why the injury wasn't disclosed or to cast the blame on someone else. The bias is clear in Mr. Hauser's article . . . Yes Mr. Mayweather isn't a very good person for his past crimes BUT did that have anything to do w/ the recent record setting ppv event? What is Boxingscene's purpose of posting such a negative article of one of the biggest stars of the sport it is promoting? If I want to read or see a bias socially conscious article about anything I will watch the fox network.
              Yet you read the whole article

If a genius man wants to read, he watches Fox news.

Floyd fan and his logic
              Last edited by Rath; 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

to all Floyd fans

Floyd is a woman beater and abuser FACT

why are you so bothered by it?

Let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                  to all Floyd fans

Floyd is a woman beater and abuser FACT

why are you so bothered by it?

Let it go.
                  I know Pacquiao hurt you but to call him a woman is very disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    I know Pacquiao hurt you but to call him a woman is very disrespectful.
                    Floyd fan and his logic

and he even think it's funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                      Floyd fan and his logic

and he even think it's funny too.
                      Rinse the salt out of your newly formed vagina.

Comment

Working...
                      X