No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearns Says Mayweather Must Take Risks, Please Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearns Says Mayweather Must Take Risks, Please Fans

LAS VEGAS — Tommy Hearns understood what was expected from him the night 30 years ago when he stepped into the ring to face Marvin Hagler for the middleweight title.

There would be no running. There wouldn't even be that much boxing.

"I knew before I got in the ring I had to put a show on for the people," Hearns said. "I knew I had to get him or they would say something is wrong with Tommy."

Ring history was made that night in April 1985 in what may have been the best first round ever in a major title fight. Hearns and Hagler went toe-to-toe in fearsome exchanges that bloodied Hagler and eventually sapped the vaunted punching power of Hearns.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Al Davis said it best, "Just Win Baby"

Comment

This is a sure win for Manny Pacquiao. Chicken Floyd won't last beyond the sixth round. Look at the pictures of both fighters, Manny Pacquiao looks so confident while chicken Floyd looks so scared and very much worried. The only question here is...will it be Congressman's thundering right or will it be his lightning left that will KO chicken Floyd. A lot of people are saying that they are pretty sure that it will be the Pacman's left while a great number of boxing aficionados are making bets that it will be the thundering right that will send chicken Floyd to the canvASS and end the fight.

Comment

chickenfloyd may stick to his boring game-plan but he cannot escape...he can run but he cannot hide...pacman knew very well how to cut that ring, he will overcome him and retire him in eight...

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Hearns v Hagler gets overrated? It was a terrifically brutal bout for as long as it lasted but Hearns/Leonard 1, Duran/Leonard 1, Frazier/Ali 1 and 3 and many others were all superior fights, I could probably name 20-25 fights which were better.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree. Hearns should have fought a much more cautious fight if he hoped to win. Not that I'm complaining as a fan tho. It was an amazing 2 rounds. But a smart fighter and an exciting fighter aren't always the same thing.

Comment

Personally, I've thought for years that Floydie has been paid way too much for no more interesting of a show than he puts on. And something few have mentioned... Floydie OWES boxing. Not just to sign the fight with Pac, but to put on a show... win or lose. People spending a C note of their hard earned cashish are going to be really pizzed if it's a 12 round snooze-fest with Manny constantly having to chase Floydie. That would seriously damage the sport.

And as for Floydie saying Manny is reckless... Manny said himself he has improved since the JMM loss. He actually seems thankful for the wakeup call. So, no, he isn't much in the way of reckless anymore. Although I would imagine he will take some calculated risks in this fight. I agree we have 2 different guys coming to the event. But Manny is the one who really wants this for the fans... and he will be the one taking the initiative to see to it that happens. Floydie will dog it as much as possible. He literally hates this event, and will want to get away with as much running and holding as possible. Like Hearns said... Mayweather has no authority to be Mayweather. And if Ellerbe wasn't scared stiff of losing his job, he's basically order Floydie to do what he just quoted... try taking Pac's head off. This needs to be a REAL fight. I know Pac will do his part. I'd be shocked though if Floydie did his part. Manny said it right. Floydie is trapped.

Comment

who would have imagined pacquiao will overwhelm ledwaba?

who would have thought pacquiao will dominate barrera?

who would have entertained an idea that pacquiao will shame delahoya?

nobody...and nobody believes pacquiao will manhandle chickenfloyd...

history is always written by a victor...on may 2nd pacquiao will add another page in the history of boxing when he dominates boxing's self-proclaimed "tbe..."

pacquiao by stoppage in 8th...

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  chickenfloyd may stick to his boring game-plan but he cannot escape...he can run but he cannot hide...pacman knew very well how to cut that ring, he will overcome him and retire him in eight...
                  Alt man. I never really paid attention to the alt talk until I saw both of your posts back to back. Can't believe people get alts to have moee than one account to talk smack and hide their shame of being wrong..... totally ridiculous.

Comment

floyd sticks to what works. he was taught every aspect of the sport of boxing. added to that is his athletism and skills. if its not broken then don't mess with it. simple and plain.

Comment

Working...
                    X