No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev vs. Pascal: No Drug Testing Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev vs. Pascal: No Drug Testing Agreement

A month ago, with the fight between light heavyweight titleholder Sergey Kovalev and Jean Pascal already signed, the headlines began to reflect a back-and-forth over drug testing.

Pascal wanted stringent testing for both boxers. Kovalev’s promoter, Kathy Duva of Main Events, said that while she was generally against what she referred to as promoters trying to act as regulators, she was willing to go forward with more stringent testing if Pascal paid for it — and if the agency was the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, or VADA.
    [Click Here To Read More]

if ggg doesnt start testing soon i'll be a little skeptic..kovalev has disappointed me here...did the hopkins fight not have testing? i cant remember..

wat does it matter if its vada/wada or w/e just test

Comment

hopkins kovalev had not testing..and i remember wanting to blame hopkins bc he didnt want to test for stevenson and haymon...now...now...now...i gotta look at the man in the red shorts...SERGEY U TRIPPIN BRU

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
        hopkins kovalev had not testing..and i remember wanting to blame hopkins bc he didnt want to test for stevenson and haymon...now...now...now...i gotta look at the man in the red shorts...SERGEY U TRIPPIN BRU
        Neither Hopkins nor Kovalev wanted to do testing for that fight despite being asked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Neither Hopkins nor Kovalev wanted to do testing for that fight despite being asked about it.
          However of the two, only one accepted testing, with the most stringent regime available. Too stringent for Pascal, who changed his mind then

Comment

Main events wanted the more credible testing agency, Vada, and some are wondering about this? Drug testing is either right or it's wrong, and going to the most credible agency has to be the correct move. This is what Kathy Duva proposed, and Jean Pascal chose not to do so despite proclaiming that he would pay for the testing. This seems mighty strange to me. What's to fear, Jean Pascal? Use Vada, or be ready for fans such as myself to doubt your sincerity about (valid) testing.

Comment

Pascal yelled and yelled about paying for Kovalev's testing, and when Kovalev called his bluff suddenly Pascal wasn't willing anymore.

Pretty obvious who the jackass is here.

Comment

Take da TESS, Jean Luc. Memo got you dirty again.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Pascal yelled and yelled about paying for Kovalev's testing, and when Kovalev called his bluff suddenly Pascal wasn't willing anymore.

Am I the only one who remembers that? Pascal crying and b*tching how he will pay for testing, then Kovalev says ok VADA "nah never mind doe"

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Ok but I don't get how the next logical step is for Kovalev to do no testing at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X