No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters' Trainer Not in Favor of Lomachenko Being Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Walters' Trainer Not in Favor of Lomachenko Being Next

Trainer Rudy Hernandez, who works with WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters (25-0, 21KOs), is not in favor of seeing the feared puncher face Vasyl Lomachenko (2-1, 1KOs), the WBO's champion, in the immediate future.

Last month Walters made a big statement with a sixth round knockout of Nonito Donaire, who was once regarded as one of the best pound for pound boxers in the sport.

Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medal winner and viewed as one of the best amateur fighters in history, capture a world title in only his third pro fight with a twelve round decision of Gary Russell Jr. in June. Lomachenko return on November 22nd in Macau, when he faces Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo (52-1, 33KOs) on the Pacquiao-Algieri undercard.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah just better to let things marinate for long periods of time. Ask Arum how that's worked out for him.

Comment

I'd rather see Walters v Gonzalez tbh, that would be a bombs away type of affair

Comment

Lomachenko/Gradovich
        Walters/Gonzalez

Winners meet for the crown.

Comment

If there is an inbetween fight with both on the same card, that's fine.

Comment

Yes , marinate it as Gamboa - juanma did . Loma lost already , and he can be beaten again . Keep marinating . Bob arum knows about it .

Comment

I agree. Let both of them collect all the belts and have a unified championship match for the division.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                If there is an inbetween fight with both on the same card, that's fine.
                That would be bs. I'm not surprised that you would like that though

Comment

maybe lomachenko not next but hopefully late next year they fight.

Comment

Now this is a guy I can respect. He doesn't beat around the bush, doesn't talk from a high horse, doesn't say bs like "who is Loma?", "he needs to earn it" etc. He simply says he thinks it would be too early. And it's fine. It's not like they absolutely have to fight each other at this point (though it would certainly be nice for us fans).

Comment

Working...
                    X