Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Golovkin First Choice For Chavez, Then Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Golovkin First Choice For Chavez, Then Carl Froch

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is preparing a new deal for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to return in September or October, but he only wants to negotiate through Chavez's father, the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez and not through manager Billy Keane.

There are two lucrative possibilities for Chavez. Arum revealed that WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (as long as he beats Daniel Geale on July 26) and IBF/WBA super middleweight champion Carl Froch are good opponents for Chavez's return.

[Click Here To Read More]

Both good options....too bad there's so many PPV's this year already...definitely a PPV fight for me though.

Comment

Would prefer Froch...bigger opponent and bigger fight at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Would prefer Froch...bigger opponent and bigger fight at this point in time.
        Yea,it makes more sense now. Same weight class, bigger name, titles in your weight class

Comment

After seeing what Groves did to Froch in two fights, I'm thinking that Golovkin would take him out. I know Ward would beat Golovkin, but I'm doubtful that Froch handles his high energy level, speed and power.

Comment

froch v GGG should also be an option

Comment

Ggg will Annihilate Chavez........

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                froch v GGG should also be an option
                It could, but the stateside cow being looked at to milk in Vegas is Chavez Jr.

Comment

I am guessing if they keep GGG in the picture, that means no fight on Sep. 13. Not enough time to promote a PPV and properly train for GGG after the Geale fight on Jul 26.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
                    I am guessing if they keep GGG in the picture, that means no fight on Sep. 13. Not enough time to promote a PPV and properly train for GGG after the Geale fight on Jul 26.
                    This is a very good point.

Comment

Working...
                    X