Tyson Fury was reportedly refused entry into the United States by US immigration officials while trying to board a flight due to his links to accused Irish crime boss Daniel Kinahan, according to Sunday World.
In April, Kinahan was sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury, and the government announced a $5 million bounty for information leading to the arrests of the heads of the Kinahan cartel.
MTK Global – the boxing management company co-founded by Kinahan – ceased operations in April. Fury was tied to MTK Global as well.
In May, nearly 600 people with suspected links to the Kinahans were banned from entering the United States by American authorities. The names of the individuals were not released.
“Businesses associated with boxing in particular, and its connections with the US, are of particular focus of the US authorities,” said Assistant Garda Commissioner John O'Driscoll.
Fury last fought and knocked out Dillian Whyte on April 23 at Wembley Stadium in London. His previous five fights before that were in the United States.
The undefeated WBC heavyweight champion turns 34 years old in August, and he’s been adamant that he’s retired from boxing.
“If Tyson fights again, his next fight will be in the UK,” Fury co-promoter Frank Warren said earlier this week.
"I'd probably want half a billi to come out of retirement,” Fury added. "I'm telling you the truth, if you want me out of retirement it's gonna cost half a billi.
"What I would say to the people who want [me to fight the winner of Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua] … you better have a big checkbook, because to bring the big [Gypsy King] out of retirement ... it's going to cost.
"Me and Frank have something spectacular coming but it does not involve Usyk or Joshua at this moment. I will make a decision on all this but I have only just fought three months ago."
Fury has also teased a fight with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou.