WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, 32-years-old, made an appearance on Good Morning Britain and during his interview he stamped down his demand for a full division unification with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
This past Saturday night at the SSE Arena in Wembley, Joshua knocked out mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in the ninth round.
After the fight, Joshua side-stepped the opportunity to call for the Fury unification.
“I watched the fight and was very impressed with what he did and then it came to the end of the fight and they did the interview, the public wanted to hear that he would fight me and he avoided the question," Fury said.
“It was a bit disappointing to be honest because it’s been such a long time building up over the years and he avoided the question like he didn’t want the fight so I had to get straight on social media and make everyone know I’m willing and ready to take the fight. Grow a pair and sign the contract big boy.”
Earlier this year, the two sides agreed in principle on the financial terms of a two-fight agreement.
There is a possibility their fight will not involve the WBO title, as mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk is pressing his position and is currently refusing to step aside.
“That doesn’t sound too bad but then again I don’t believe everything I see in the paper so we’ll see what’s going to go on. But let’s hope this fight happens, I’m willing to take the fight, I don’t know if they are," Fury said.
“I’ve been willing to take the fight for the last five years and it’s not happened so far, but I’m optimistic. All of these organisations will allow this fight - it’s the biggest one since Muhammad Ali fought George Foreman at Rumble in the Jungle. It’s a massive fight.
“Oleksandr Usyk is a mandatory - but if that belt has to be vacated then I’m sure they’re going to do it to make the biggest fight of our generation. I’m willing, I hope he’s willing and let’s give the fans the fight they really want to see.”