On Tuesday, it was officially announced that former welterweight champions Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter would collide for the vacant WBC welterweight title.
The contest takes place on September 8th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Showtime will televise the card.
The belt became vacant earlier this year when Keith Thurman, inactive since March 2017, dropped the title after suffering another injury. At the time he vacated, both Porter and Garcia were due mandatory shots at the title.
Porter, a former IBF champion, lost his title in 2014 in a close points loss to Kell Brook.
And Garcia lost his WBC title by way of a split decision at the hands of Thurman in March 2017.
Porter is planning to really take the fight to Garcia - and he hopes the Philadelphia fighter will make good on his promise to trade punches.
"I'm going to force Danny Garcia to fight me, to be uncomfortable and to do things he's not used to doing in a fight," said Porter.
"If Danny comes in being defensive and trying to hold, it may last a while. But if he comes and tries to trade with me and prove something to himself, then it will end fast. I think my style will give him problems and not allow him to pace himself. This is going to be an instant classic and I'm going to win and become champion once again."
Lou DiBella, who co-promotes the Barclays card, is predicting bell to bell fireworks from the very first round.
"Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter will be an action-packed, can't-miss brawl," said DiBella.
"This hugely important matchup is between two of the best welterweights in the world and pressure fighters with pleasing styles. Both Garcia and Porter have shined in memorable battles at Barclays Center and September 8 will be a tremendous night for boxing."