A boxing match between UFC superstar Conor McGregor and WBA welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is 'inevitable' - according to Audi Attar.
Attar's management company works with both fighters.
Pacquiao, 42-years-old, has been out of the ring since July of 2019 - when he won a twelve round split decision over unbeaten Keith Thurman to capture the WBA title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
McGregor made his boxing debut in August 2017, when he was stopped in ten rounds by Floyd Mayweather
Since that loss, the Irish star returned to mixed martial arts.
Last year, McGregor was beating the drum for a boxing match against Pacquiao.
Attar could see the contest come off before the end of the year.
"I definitely believe it's inevitable for 2021," Attar told Dubai Eye 103.8 Sport.
"Both fighters want it, that's the key. You can't make something happen or orchestrate it or choreograph it - which is the buzzword of this interview - you can't fake that. If one side wants it and the other doesn't, it's not going to happen. But when both fighters want that fight to happen, why wouldn't it happen? If the fans want to see it - that almost guarantees that it's going to happen, right? As there's enough interest to develop something there."
Attar has already spoke with the UFC about the fight.
McGregor is scheduled to return at UFC 257 on January 23, in a rematch with Dustin Poirier.
"The UFC said, 'Alright, let's do that rematch [with Poirier]'. We said, 'OK, well let's do that rematch first then, but then Manny will be the next fight'. And that's what both fighters want. So, that's the plan," Attar said.
"We've been having amazing conversation with stakeholders across the world, including the Middle East. We'll see where it goes. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen in 2021."