Oscar Valdez vs. Shakur Stevenson - Purse Bid on August 2

The World Boxing Organization has ordered Oscar Valdez to make a mandatory defense of his featherweight world title against undefeated mandatory challenger Shakur Stevenson.

The WBO has sent down a purse bid, taking place at 9:00 a.m. (EST) on Friday, August 2nd, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, Kissimmee, Florida.

The minimum acceptable bid will be $150,000.00 (One-Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars). WBO President Francisco Valcárcel, Esq. will handle the purse bid proceedings.


Both boxers are promoted by Top Rank. Valdez is managed by Frank Espinoza, while Stevenson is handled by the trio of Andre Ward, James Prince and Josh Dubin.

If the fight goes to a purse bid, Valdez will receive 75% of the purse and Stevenson shall receive the remaining 25%.

Valdez (26-0, 20 KOs) won a unanimous decision over Jason Sanchez in June.

Stevenson (12-0, 7 KOs) beat down and stopped Alberto Guevara earlier this month.

Valdez has been struggling to make the featherweight limit of 126-pounds for some time. The boxer's management have stated several times that he's struggling to make the weight - but he's willing to do so to secure fights with Josh Warrington or Carl Frampton. There is very little enthusiasm about taking part in a fight with Stevenson, so it won't be surprising to see Valdez move up.

User Comments and Feedback
Comment by NYhaven on 07-25-2019

Valdez getting punk’d by a kid basically. “Oh I have to fight Stevenson?” Yup. “You know it’s been hard to make 126 of Frampton and them boys ain’t there” lollll

Comment by Mister Wolf on 07-25-2019

[QUOTE=aaronbnb;19932146]No way this fight comes off. If it does, I got Valdez winning in one-sided beating and KO.[/QUOTE] Stevenson is pocket checking Valdez. Come up out that belt, that chain, all of that ****.

Comment by Brettcappe on 07-25-2019

[QUOTE=aaronbnb;19932146]No way this fight comes off. If it does, I got Valdez winning in one-sided beating and KO.[/QUOTE] I agree. Doubt Valdez takes this fight. No reason to weight cut this early in his career. These two can meet at…

Comment by aaronbnb on 07-24-2019

No way this fight comes off. If it does, I got Valdez winning in one-sided beating and KO.

Comment by TheCell8 on 07-24-2019

It's time for Valdez to grow a pair. I know Arum wants to double dip and have two champs (one at 126 and the other at 130), but if Valdez has any honor he would step up to the plate…

Top Headlines
Alfredo Angulo Stuns Peter Quillin Over Ten Rounds Isus Velichkov, 21-Years-Old, Passes Away in Tragic Bout Daniel Dubois Aims To Win Every Title in His Path Benavidez, Porter Share Insight On Recent Sparring Session Thurman Opens Up On Recent Surgery, Expects Mid-2020 Return Kovalev: I've Recharged My Batteries For Canelo Fight Josh Taylor: I'll KO Regis Prograis If He Tries Walking Me Down Warren: After Fury-Wallin, Not So Sure VAR is Needed in Boxing News: Dilmaghani vs. Fonseca, Joseph Laws, Skorokhod-Payano Daniel Dubois: I'm Capable of Beating Tyson Fury Right Now! Canelo Confident His Speed, Skill Will Topple Kovalev's Advantages Abel Sanchez Talks Canelo-Kovalev, Angulo's Win Angulo Reflects On Win Over Quillin, Talks Benavidez-Dirrell Porter Looks To Spoil Spence's Pacquiao Party Porter: There Will Be a Moment When Spence Realizes He's Lost! Dirrell: Benavidez is Not What Everyone Makes Him Out To Be! Stevenson's Lawyer: Gonzalez's VADA Story 'Flat-Out Lie' Joshua Vows To "Rise To The Occasion" in Andy Ruiz Rematch Dulorme: Me & Mikey Garcia Would Be A Great Fight Angulo: Al Haymon Has Given Me Far More Than I've Given Back Porter Talks Spence, Cleveland Browns During Fox NFL Segment Michel Rivera: I Want To Be The Floyd Mayweather Of My Time Diaz To Tevin Farmer: Let's Go in December, I'm Calling You Out! Quillin: We're Going To Sit Down With Team, Decide What's Next Hearn: Miller Has A Big Heart, But You Can't Ignore What Happened Kovalev: Canelo Fight Will Be Interesting – Believe Me! Angulo: Now With Abel Sanchez, I'm Back To The Old 'Perro' Nathan Gorman Reflects on His TKO Defeat To Daniel Dubois Alfredo Angulo vs. Peter Quillin - CompuBox Punch Stats News: Lerena Stops Seferi, Theophane is Back, Szpilka Returns Tyrone James, Junior Almonte Wins Bouts in Huntington Kovalev: Canelo Will Be Comfortable at 175 - His Natural Weight De La Hoya on Having Issues With Canelo: They Are Only Rumors Joseph Diaz Wins Tough Majority Decision Over Jesus Cuadro Alfredo Angulo Shocks Peter Quillin in Unexpected Fire Fight Peter Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard Chris Colbert Scores Brutal One-Punch KO of Miguel Beltran Thomas Dulorme Drops, Decisions Terrel Williams Over Ten Quillin-Angulo LIVE Results: Jesus Ramos Crushes Rickey Edwards Canelo's Coach: Kovalev Can End The Fight With One Punch
Latest Forum Threads