Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Nathan Gorman-Razvan Cojanu Set After Dubois Withdrawal

Razvan Cojanu will step in to take on Ricky Hatton-trained heavyweight prospect Nathan Gorman on December 22nd after the late pull-out of Gorman's original opponent, Alex Leapai.

Romanian-born Cojanu was scheduled to fight Britain’s other big heavyweight prospect, Daniel Dubois this Saturday at the Brentwood Centre but due to illness, Dubois was forced to withdraw from the bout.

But fortunately for both fighters, Cojanu will now make his way up north next week and challenge Gorman at the Manchester Arena on December 22nd, live on BT Sport Box Office.

“I’m disappointed Leapai didn’t get on the plane. He’s given it some bad mouth which isn’t really my style, but in my world, if you are going to do that then you come and have a fight. Words are cheap, maybe he regretted his words knowing what was coming?” said Gorman.

He continued: “I thought it was going to be a big let down trying to get an opponent this late but at the very last minute, Daniel’s bad luck has proved well for me; that’s ironic really.

“I get to fight a guy who fought for a world title just last year and took Joseph Parker the distance, so he is a better opponent in many respects.

“He is here, he is in the country and I’m looking forward to putting on a show again at the Manchester Arena.”

gorman-cojanu

 

 

Daniel Dubois (9-0) has been forced to withdraw from his fight with Razvan Cojanu scheduled for Saturday night (15th December) at the Brentwood Centre.
 
The BT Sport televised show will go ahead as planned, however, today's scheduled press conference at the Grosvenor House in London has been cancelled.
 
Dubois, who came down with flu this week, is bitterly disappointed that he will not be fit to box on Saturday night and is deeply apologetic to his fans.
 
Dubois said: "In a sport like boxing, if you are less than 100 per cent health-wise going into the fight, then the only sensible option is to withdraw and go again on another date. It is bitterly disappointing for me, all the same, because I was looking forward to reaching double figures in professional fights before Christmas.

"That will just  have to wait now and I can only say I am sorry to Razvan and the people who were coming out to watch me on Saturday night."
 
Promoter Frank Warren said: “This is a big blow but the show must go on. I feel for the fans and for Razvan but if Daniel has got the flu, there’s no way I’m letting him fight. It’s important we still deliver to the live and the TV audience and they can look forward to seeing many of London’s finest boxing talents on Saturday night.”
 
Saturday night's show at the Brentwood Centre will go ahead as planned with 9-0 Super Flyweight sensation Sunny Edwards and Junior Granados clashing for the WBO Intercontinental Super Flyweight Championship. Former British Welterweight Champion Bradley Skeete also returns to action and takes on Argentina's 16-2 Diego Ramirez.

User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by P4Pdunny on 12-14-2018

Be interesting to see Dubois still get this bout in the future

Comment by Tom Cruise on 12-13-2018

[QUOTE=Deontay Wilder;19352309]Not a good look, Dubois needs to step his game up.[/QUOTE] He’s 21 :lol1:

Comment by Deontay Wilder on 12-13-2018

Not a good look, Dubois needs to step his game up.

Comment by alexguiness on 12-13-2018

Dubois has bum written all over him to be honest.

Comment by Tom Cruise on 12-13-2018

The best out of two *****ty situations. Well played Frank

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (7)
Top Headlines Amir Khan: Terence Crawford Is A Better Legacy Fight Than Brook Frank Warren on Wilder-Fury II, Frampton's Future, Warrington Lyon Woodstock Takes a Swipe at British Champ Sam Bowen Carlos Takam Feels Time is Right For Dereck Chisora Rematch Roach: Pacquiao, With Two Hands, Does Much Better With Floyd Reymart Gaballo, Romero Duno Get Opponents For February 9 Canelo: Beating Jacobs I'll Be One Step Away From Undisputed Brian Ceballo Staying Level-Headed, Taking Things Step By Step Ellerbe: Pacquiao Has Many Options at 147 - But Not Mayweather David Lemieux vs. John Ryder Possible For Canelo-Jacobs Card Crawford-Khan: Madison Square Garden Chosen as Site Francisco Vargas Vows Revenge: I'm Not Impressed By Berchelt Josesito Lopez Values Improvements To His Game Under Garcia Arum: Joshua Damaged His Credibility, Fury Viewed as #1 in U.S. Keith Thurman vs. Josesito Lopez - Added Undercard Fights Badou Jack: I'm a Fighter, So I Ain't Gonna Quit Pacquiao vs. Broner Replay: January 26th on Showtime Harrison-Charlo Rematch Ordered, New Final Eliminator Too Demetrius Andrade vs. Billy Joe Saunders Ordered By WBO Pacquiao: If Mayweather Can't Fight at My Level - Stay Retired News: Luis Lebron, Benson, Hamza, O'Donnell, Srour, Barlow Hearn Cautions 'Now or Never' For Whyte To Accept Joshua Offer Scardina-Kekalainen Tops Matchroom Italy Card on March 8 DiBella: After Commey Beats Chaniev, We Want Lomachenko Fury: Wilder's The One Who Has To Redeem Himself, Not Me! Khan: The Offers for Crawford and Brook Were Literally The Same Frank Warren To Wait Out Warrington vs. Galahad Purse Bid Charr Wins Appeal, Reinstated As WBA Titlist; Box-Off To Follow Miles Shinkwin Back In March, Defends English Title Frank Warren: Joshua Made Massive Mistake in Snubbing Wilder Canelo-Jacobs: NSAC To Review Venue Request at 1/29 Hearing Eubank Jr. Very Pleased With Camp Ahead of Degale Clash Caleb Plant: I'm The Big Dog at 168, They've Got To Come See Me Hearn: Wilder, His Handlers Don't Have Decency To Answer Back Chris Algieri Confident He Can Raise His Level Against Hooker Kovalev Asks Fans 'Not To Make Hasty Conclusions On Situation' Cano in Line For a Big Fight, Linares Heading Back To 135 Curtis Stevens Heading To 154: Eyes Hurd, Lara, Harrison, Munguia Pulev vs. Helenius Clash Still Be Worked Out For Crawford-Khan Broner: I'll Be Back; All You Motherf***ers Will Still Tune In!
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement