Last month, Charles Martin expressed his interest in facing a highly ranked opponent in his next fight.

Martin won an IBF eliminator, when he knocked out Gerald Washington on the pay-per-view undercard to the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder rematch from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Michael Hunter is ready to answer Martin's call for an in-ring showdown.

At the moment, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it's not clear when or where boxing will resume.

Hunter's manager believes his fighter and Martin are the two highest rated available contenders, under the IBF, and a fight between the two of them will crown a new mandatory challenger.

Hunter is ranked at number four, while Martin is ranked at two.

The current mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev, is facing IBF, WBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua on the tentative date of June 20.

"Best to do a fight with Martin for a final eliminator," Hunter's manager Martin Mikolajczak from Be Def Sports told Sky Sports. "We want Martin, Dillian Whyte, Robert Helenius, Kubrat Pulev. Anyone!"

Not so fast, says Martin's manager, Michael Borao.

"The heavyweight division is changing so quickly, it makes sense to sit back and see what happens. It is too premature to discuss another final eliminator when the next IBF mandatory hasn't taken place yet," Borao said.

"Besides, Pulev has a unique track record when it comes to mandatory bouts so I want to see how the Joshua fight plays out before making any major decisions. One thing is for sure - Charles is in a great position to get his championship back (with interest, with other belts!) Charles has already shocked many by getting back to the top of the rankings. I assure you he will shock even more fans when he knocks Joshua out!"