The Australian twins helped re-open the doors of the Top Rank Gym in Las Vegas in May of this year for their respective fights since the pandemic hit with Leonardo Baez and Josh Franco.
Team Moloney recently arrived back in Las Vegas and both brothers were subject to coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, as well as all accompanying team members including their career-long manager Tony Tolj and WBO #10 Flyweight Andres Campos and prospect Vegas Larfield.
“The whole team had a COVID test and they all came back negative and COVID-free,” confirmed Jason Moloney
Jason "Mayhem" Moloney (21-1, 18KOs) returns in a bantamweight title fight with arguably the most feared man in his division - "The Monster" Naoya Inoue - on October 31 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand's Conference Center.
Inoue was originally slated to face WBO bantamweight champion John Riel Casimero prior to the pandemic. Casimero opted to go in another direction and knocked out Duke Micah on last month's Charlo Brothers PPV on Showtime. Casimero's decision left the door open for Moloney to take the fight.
Moloney opened up on facing Naoya Inoue for the WBA and IBF bantamweight titles.
"It is a dream come true. This is the opportunity that I have worked towards my whole life," Moloney said.
"My goal and my dream is to become the best bantamweight in the world and to become the best, you must beat the best. This is the ultimate challenge and I feel that I am 100% ready for it."
Legendary Top Rank Promoter Bob Arum discussed the upcoming bantamweight clash.
“We are going to do the Jason Moloney vs. Naoya Inoue in the Bubble," said Arum. “Inoue’s papers and visa are cleared. Jason will fight Inoue on October 31st and a couple of weeks later Andrew Moloney will get a rematch with Joshua Franco. Jason Moloney is a helluva a fighter. I cannot wait to watch the Inoue-Moloney fight. That could be the fight of the year.”