Heavyweight contender Michael Hunter (16-1, 11 KOs) feels ready for a potentially showdown with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world champion Anthony Joshua.
Joshua is scheduled to make his American debut on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
He was set to face undefeated challenger Jarrell Miller, but that contest fell apart last week.
Miller failed three pre-fight drug tests - coming up positive for EPO, HGH and GW1516.
Due to those failures, the New York State Athletic Commission denied his application for a boxing license.
Hunter was quickly pegged as the frontrunner to face Joshua on the date.
He's won four fights in a row since losing a twelve round unanimous decision to Oleksandr Usyk in April of 2017.
After that loss he moved up to heavyweight. His two fights were knockout victories, including wins over unbeaten Martin Bakole and the much larger Alexander Ustinov.
Hunter recently signed a promotional agreement with Eddie Hearn, who also promotes Joshua. Sharing the same promoter will make things a lot easier, with the contest being only a few weeks away.
He's already been approached for the fight, but no contract has been received. Hearn is exploring other possibilities as well, like Andy Ruiz.
“I’ve heard from Eddie Hearn, but I haven’t got any papers yet,” Hunter told talkSPORT.
“He’s kinda pre-warned me, and I told him right away I was ready. I’ll definitely be up for the challenge.
“I’m a fighter art heart. This is what I do.”
Hunter is already deep in training and scheduled to fight on May 25th, as part of the Usyk vs. Carlos Takam undercard.
According to Hunter, he agreed to face Alexander Povetkin on the date - and the Russian boxer rejected the contest.
“I was offered Povetkin For May 25th. I said yes, he said no," Hunter stated.