As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, WBO welterweight world champion Jeff Horn accused Top Rank of playing "tricks" after he scrambled to make weight for his mandatory defence against Terence Crawford.
There were dramatic scenes on the eve of the welterweight showdown in Las Vegas after Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) initially failed to make the 147-pound limit on Friday.
While Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) came in under at 146.5 pounds, while 2012 Australian Olympian Horn was 148 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena before he stripped nude, though he was still over at 147.5.
Horn – who would have been stripped of his WBO title had he failed to make weight a second time – was given another hour to shed the necessary half-pound and the 30-year-old returned at 147 pounds after taking a hot shower.
"I think there was a bit of tricks up their sleeves with this one," Horn said on Friday.
"He was just underweight, and I was just over. I thought I was under actually. We thought we calibrated our scale with the correct weight.
"I knew this was coming and that they had plenty of tricks. I'm fine. I think they think I'm mentally weak. But we were bang-on.
"Obviously, the scale was a bit tricky. I'm feeling good physically, just ready to rehydrate."
Horn saw nothing about Crawford that intimidated him.
However, he saw a lot of nervous energy in Crawford and explained that the undefeated challenger was actually shaking.
"I could see face-to-face with Terence he was a bit rattled. He's shaking. I'm calm. I'm fine," Horn said.
"I think they think I'm a bit mentally weaker than I actually am. This stuff's all part of it, I know it."
The contest was ordered by the World Boxing Organization in 2017.
Crawford captured the title in July of last year, after pulling off a major upset by winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Manny Pacquiao.