Frank Warren, promoter for former unified world champion Tyson Fury (26-0, 19 KOs), views the contest with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) as the biggest fight of the year.
Wilder will be ringside on August 18th in Belfast, when Fury faces Francesco Pianeta.
Wilder was in action back in March, when he knocked out Luis Ortiz in the tenth round at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
As BoxingScene.com previously reported, the contest between Wilder and Fury is being targeted for November 10 or November 17, at a Las Vegas venue and on Showtime PPV.
"Tyson wants the fight," Warren told iFL TV. "Both of them want the fight. We are very close to getting it done.
"Tyson's got to win his fight on the Belfast show on the 18th. He's got to come through that. If he comes through that I believe we'll be in a position to make it happen. I think it's the biggest fight of the year. It's a toss up out of that and Canelo-Golovkin. Biggest heavyweight without a doubt by far."
Wilder had been in talks to face IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua - but their talks fell apart when their teams were unable to reach an agreement.
Warren believes Joshua was never really in favor of taking that fight. Joshua will instead return on September 22nd in a showdown with WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in London.
"I always say if you want to make a fight and the money's right it's easy to do. There's two reasons you don't make fights, one is the money's not right or two, you don't fancy it. That's the bottom line. Turning down a guarantee of $80 million for two fights tells you they [Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn] don't want the fight," Warren said.