No announcement yet.

Just watched Ali/Berbick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Ali/Berbick

So I took some time to watch and score Ali's last fight against Berbick, I had it 7-3 Berbick some close rds in there.

Ali though making a good account of himself considering he was clearly beyond shot and way too heavy compared to what he normally would come in just had nothing left, it was kind of hard to watch and I felt bad for Ali especially in the post fight interview when he seemed so dejected.

I was a bit upset after watching it but then watched Tyson/Berbick and felt alot better, anyone have any thoughts on this fight?

I thought that was a very sad fight. Not that I blame Berbick, any young fighter would have taken that opportunity. But Ali was a shell of the great fighter he was years before. I didn't see the fight live, it was only available in closed circut theaters here. Ali did ok but took a beating never the less. It is alway hard to see the greats humbled by time.

Comment

The funny thing is, Ali was 10 times better than he was in the Holmes fight, but no comparison to what he had once been.

Ali did win rounds against a future world champion which is not bad for a 39 year old, overweight guy clearly suffering from Parkinsons. I could barely understand him in the post fight interview.

I'm glad he lost though, he'd have continued his career if he got the decision!

Comment

Ali in the holmes fight was the most shot version of a boxer I have ever seen. He looked a bit better against berbick you could tell he would have wooped Berbick easily even the version that beat spinks. (who was shot as well)

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Ali in the holmes fight was the most shot version of a boxer I have ever seen. He looked a bit better against berbick you could tell he would have wooped Berbick easily even the version that beat spinks. (who was shot as well)
          Ali was on that weird thyroid med for Holmes. Messed him up BAD. Berbick screaming "You made me" after the fight was almost as obnoxious as John Travolta's stupid behavior at ringside.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Ali was on that weird thyroid med for Holmes. Messed him up BAD. Berbick screaming "You made me" after the fight was almost as obnoxious as John Travolta's stupid behavior at ringside.
            What was Travolta doing?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              What was Travolta doing?
              Screaming he won after the fight etc. He was Hollywood leeching off the bones. All silly.

Comment

Screaming he won after the fight etc. He was Hollywood leeching off the bones. All silly.
                :rolleyes9: :rolleyes9: Jock sniffing celebrities :rolleyes9: :rolleyes9:

Comment

It was I was thinking WTF, you didn't even beat a totally shot Ali in convincing fashion with some close rd maybe they could have given Ali a draw but Berbick did deserve the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    I was a bit upset after watching it but then watched Tyson/Berbick and felt alot better, anyone have any thoughts on this fight?
                    Ali was shot to bits. It was a sad specticle and sad to see.
                    Berbick was murdered by his nephew in Jamaica

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead4.html

The whole triangle of fighters here are touched by tragedy. Ali with his Parkinsons and brain damage, Tyson life has been an unhappy tragic saga with his money gone and Berbick slaughtered by his scumbag nephew.

Comment

Working...
                    X