No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis= Top 3 in History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis= Top 3 in History

I'm surprised that Lennox Lewis doesn't get more love when it comes to the All-time GOAT list. His resume is one of the strongest in history. No HW fighter beat every man he faced while doing it against strong competition.

-Olympic Gold Medalist
    -3 time HW Champion
    -Retired as the HW Champion

Beat:
    Razor Rudduck
    Mike Tyson
    Evander Holyfield
    Vitali Klitschko

Muhammad Ali is the GOAT but after that Lennox Lewis compares just as well to Joe Louis, George Foreman, Sonny Liston.

"Lennox Lewis is the greatest Heavyweight of all-time" -George Foreman

Lennox is up there with Ali and Louis as the greatest heavyweight Champion of all time.

He was so good Chicken Bowe went into hiding and threw away the World Heavyweight title rather than fight Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt60 View Post
      I'm surprised that Lennox Lewis doesn't get more love when it comes to the All-time GOAT list. His resume is one of the strongest in history. No HW fighter beat every man he faced while doing it against strong competition.
      Jersey Joe Walcott twice, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles twice, Roland La Starza twice, and Joe Louis.

You can only fight who they put in front of you and Marciano beat them all. Yes, Joe Louis was old. But Rock still had to beat him, and he did.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Jersey Joe Walcott twice, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles twice, Roland La Starza twice, and Joe Louis.

You can only fight who they put in front of you and Marciano beat them all. Yes, Joe Louis was old. But Rock still had to beat him, and he did.
        I would be more impressed with Marciano if he beat Sonny Liston or a younger Joe Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Matt60 View Post
          I would be more impressed with Marciano if he beat Sonny Liston or a younger Joe Louis
          Sonny Liston was 9-1 when Marciano retired. He had to win 23 more fights in a row before he got a title shot.

And he fought Joe Louis as soon as he could.

Comment

Tyson was dead, I would not include him in the list. Only Lewis still brags about beating that shot shell of Tyson (full of Zoloft, for good measure).
            Ruddock had been softened by the very Tyson.
            Klitschko was giving Lewis hell before suffering that horrible gash.

Lewis was a good fighter for sure, but definitely not all-time top 3.

PS getting knocked out by Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman while in your prime doesn't help.
            Last edited by Tatabanya; 01-11-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Big fan of Lewis, but you can't put the Tyson fight as much of a feat. He was beyond shot

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Tyson was dead, I would not include him in the list. Only Lewis still brags about beating that shot shell of Tyson (full of Zoloft, for good measure).
                Ruddock had been softened by the very Tyson.
                Klitschko was giving Lewis hell before suffering that horrible gash.

Lewis was a good fighter for sure, but definitely not all-time top 3.

PS getting knocked out by Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman while in your prime doesn't help.
                Rahman was a 2X world heavyweight champ. He backed it up by winning the WBC title again after Lewis took the belts back from him. You can't compare him to McCall.

Comment

He doesn't get the due credit because hes British. Lennox lewis would have beaten any man in history in a boxing match.

Comment

Lennox is one if my favorites for sure . But I dont think hes top 3 , although u arent the first person I've seen rank him in the top5 . For me he usually lands around 7-8 on my at heavyweight list.

Comment

Working...
                    X