Danny Garcia- JMM similar? yes/no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even fuggin' close... lol Garcia is a bum compared to JMM

Comment

Not even close in comparison yes Marquez does get hit but two different levels of competition

Comment

WTF????????? Comparing JMM to Garcia?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
          Not even fuggin' close... lol Garcia is a bum compared to JMM

Comment

Hell NO!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

JMM doesn't stand around like a rabbit caught in headlights when he faces stiff opposition. How dare you.

Comment

I'm similar to JMM also, prefer to counter punch.
                  ffs, Garcia is levels below JMM, levels

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                    I think Swift and JMM are actually quite similar. And their styles have a lot in common and their careers are eerily comparable.

Obviously, the main similarity I see is their counterpunching skills. Sure, there are some counterpunchers out there...but both swift and JMM are known for their power. Without checking, I believe they have similar KO rates.

Their counter punches are accurate and sharp.

They plant their feet and punch. Garcia is thought to be more flat footed. JMM in his featherweight days did move his feet but I wouldn't call it fast footwork. It's average at best.

They both like to exchange in the pocket. They like when their opponents stay in front of them and punch WITH them. They'll take/absorb punches to land their own.

Garcia had close/disputed decisions with Herrera and Peterson. While JMM had close decisions with Chris John and Norwood. Garcia-Thurman played out quite similar to JMM-Bradley fight.

They both have trouble with guys who move and who have faster feet than them.

They both have taken their share of light touches which many people hated. Garcia had Salka...Jmm had LIkar Ramos and Fedchenko.

Swift just needs his version of a Pacquiao...well Amir Khan was basically it. But I think Swift would do well against a Shawn Porter type.

Anyways, what do you think?

I didn't read, but no, they're not similar.

Comment

Marquez is an atg, garcia is meh and the answer to your question is NO

Comment

Working...
                      X