Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I need to see more out of Spence but I think he would have a solid chance to beat him. He certainly hits much harder, throws more punches and is one wicked body puncher plus he is a southpaw with a good jab and straight left.
    spence already handed floyd his ass at floyds gym.

Comment

Prime vs prime?

Delahoya
      Whitaker
      Pacquiao
      Chavez
      Meldrick
      Quartey
      Vargas

A lot

Comment

SRL, Hearns both probably stop him.

Ike Quartey would've gave him a tough fight with that bazooka jab.

Aaron Pryor I'm sure could've moved up to 147 and mauled Floyd.

Sweat Pea can outpoint him.

Erroll Spence does what Maidana did.. Except more effective and without gassing.

Porter probably loses but gives Floyd pure hell and a few lumps.

Margarito (plaster or not) was a proud punching bag that never tired. he would absorb Floyd's shots and keep coming. how would Floyd adjust to that pressure?

Comment

Thomas Hearns or Paul Williams, they'd have to keep Floyd at the end of their punches and be disciplined for all 12 rounds.

Comment

SRL, De la hoya, Whitaker

Comment

Hearns beats him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. His reach, hand speed, boxing ability and power would be too much for Floyd. Floyd can't outbox Tommy and doesn't have the power to knock him out.
              SRR is another lock.
              Leonard and Duran both beat him.

Comment

Hearns beats him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. His reach, hand speed, boxing ability and power would be too much for Floyd. Floyd can't outbox Tommy and doesn't have the power to knock him out.
                SRR is another lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  Tbh, any prime elite ww of the past has a shot. It's not like all these guys were bums or walkovers...literally anyone has a shot against anyone on any given night. I'm talking about the guys who proved themselves to be the absolute cream of the crop from each era.
                  Agreed. Good post.

Comment

Hearns is only WW I'd pick to KO or stop Floyd.

I think Leonard would beat him in a close UD. Floyd's defense is too good for him to get stopped against Sugar Ray. Floyd would be a tough fight for Leonard, even I see him losing.

Duran is another close one, but I'll lean towards him because I'm biased and not ashamed about lol. Duran is one of my top favorite fighters ever, he could do it all.

Whitaker would be another tough one as some posters mentioned, but I think Floyd beats him.

Modern legends like Pac, Floyd, etc. always get the shaft in fantasy fights because people overrate fighters from older generations. Win or lose, I think Floyd could hold his own against any ATG Welterweight. I'm no Mayweather fan, but he's a great boxer and has proved me wrong many times.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      SRR is another lock.
                      Pac also had hand speed, foot work, power, but all were nullified by Floyd's ringmanship. Floyd outpoints his opponent every round and just cruises to victory. How do you think will Hearns approach that fighting style?

Comment

Working...
                      X