No announcement yet.

Training routine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pezza2005 View Post
    Right so because of the pandemic that's going on, I can't train like I used to, you know going to the gym 5 times a week, sparring, padwork etc. So I've had to develop my own routine. Currently I can only go to the boxing gym 1 day per week, simply because they are only putting on 1 session a week.

Glossary of terms:
    Virtual sparring - sparring against someone in a video, look it up on YouTube

Virtual padwork - doing padwork with someone in a video, again look it up on YouTube.

Speed punches - throwing a punch as fast as possible for 30 seconds, so like jab for 30, right hand for 30 etc.

Reflex ball - just look it up, good for hand to eye coordination

Monday
    Boxing

warm up
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    6 round virtual sparring
    4 round virtual pads
    Speed punches
    Reflex ball

100 push ups
    100 rows
    100 squats
    100 abs

Tuesday
    Strength and conditioning (all are super sets and are 3 sets each)

1. Weighted squats 20x and glute bridges 20x

2. 20 pull ups and 1:30 of calf raises

3. 12 single leg squats and 20 straight leg deadlift

4. 20 floor curls and a minute of wrist curls

5. 20 chin ups and a minute of lunges

6. 1 minute of Kettle bell swings and 1 minute of fast rotations with weight.

7. 20 Wall slides and a minute of moving a band overhead and behind my back

Wednesday
    Boxing

Warm up
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 rounds Defense + counter
    3 rounds body combos
    2 rounds jab
    Speed punches
    Reflex ball

100 push ups
    100 rows
    100 squats
    100 abs

Thursday
    A proper boxing gym session (which is usually bagwork and a circuit) or same as Tuesday

Friday
    Boxing

Warm up
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 Rounds virtual sparring
    3 round virtual pads
    3 intense shadow boxing
    Speed punches
    Reflex ball

100 push ups
    100 rows
    100 squats
    100 abs

Rest on weekend

Stats
    15 year old
    Male
    137lbs
    5ft 11
    Been training as a boxer for 6 year and registered as an amateur for 2.
    You are 15 years old, and doing 100 pushups and day and 100 crunches per day?

Sorry but I don’t buy it.

I am 5 foot 10, about 155 pounds, workout a lot, have been for about 19 years, I cannot do 100 proper form push-ups in a row. I will stop at about 55-60.... you do 100 per day in a row?

Comment

Sorry for a very very late reply but one day I look to turn professional because j can't see myself doing anything else. It's the thing I enjoy the most.

Comment

I don't do them in a row, I do them in sets of failure until I reach 100

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza2005 View Post
          Sorry for a very very late reply but one day I look to turn professional because j can't see myself doing anything else. It's the thing I enjoy the most.
          I like your passion. A thing that I read from Robert McCracken Anthony Joshua's trainer is no two days are the same. He tailors his training according to his energy levels. Its something I try to do as well with my training. Not boxing as Iam not good enough to get anywhere meaningful but just general fitness.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea that, it's not easy trying to stick to the same thing every week when your so tired and sore

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              You are 15 years old, and doing 100 pushups and day and 100 crunches per day?

Sorry but I don’t buy it.

I am 5 foot 10, about 155 pounds, workout a lot, have been for about 19 years, I cannot do 100 proper form push-ups in a row. I will stop at about 55-60.... you do 100 per day in a row?
              https://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Follow the above routine. It'll get you to 100 proper form pushups in row. I used to gas out around 70 and plateaued there for a long time. Now, after following that routine, I can blast past 70 and get through that 100 in a row mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Quercusalba View Post
                https://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Follow the above routine. It'll get you to 100 proper form pushups in row. I used to gas out around 70 and plateaued there for a long time. Now, after following that routine, I can blast past 70 and get through that 100 in a row mark.
                Most serious swimmers can also probably do 100. Freestyle uses a lot of the same muscles and builds endurance well beyond what you would need for 100 pushups.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  Most serious swimmers can also probably do 100. Freestyle uses a lot of the same muscles and builds endurance well beyond what you would need for 100 pushups.
                  I believe that. There is a reason serious/competitive swimmers have such great physiques.

Comment

Working...
                  X