Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does povetkin testing positive mean wilders dog**** CV is forever excused?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    seems to get a free pass on fighting bums cause of that.
    Im reading the same old ****, 'its not wilders fault povetkin tested positive'. Yeah true, in that instance it wasnt.
    But what about the other near on 40 fights hes had in his career? Am i missing something, is povetkin the only half decent fighter hes allowed to fight?
    How come joshuas managed to get himsef a fight with wlad in less than 20 fights yet wilders supposedly absolved of all blame for not fighting anyone with a pulse in 40 fights cause one fighter tested positive for drugs.
    No excuse for this guy wilders found, no idea where hes dragged him from, never heard of him.
    And people can laugh it off, well its not funny really, the reason wilders getting these big ko's is cause hes fighting people who cant fight back, someone could get seriously hurt. The guy even fought charlie zelenoff ffs, some mentally ill guy, and worst thing is thats one of wilders better opponents.
    Seemed to be a massive uproar about allen v ortiz but when wilder drags someone up from the cemetery to fight him noone seems to care 'its a mandatory doe' 'they all running from wilder doe' 'vada testing doe' trust me no mother ****er is running from wilder, everyone wants a shot at the golden goose.
    who would you like him to fight

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
      who would you like him to fight
      someone ive heard of would be a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I don't see a reason to complain now. He was scheduled to fight Povetkin then broke his hand. Now he's fighting a tune up as his first fight back from injury. We'll see what his other 2 fights in 2017 are, then we'll make a decision.
        theres always an excuse, thing is you lot let him get away with this, i said hed fight someone garbage. Why does he really need a tune up, even if he wasnt injured he probably wouldnt have been in the ring since his last fight till this one, fighters fight once or twice a year these days. Its an excuse to fight a bum, simple as that. Usually agree with what you say but you shouldnt be defending this ****

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          It's very unfair to Wilder that he and Povetkin did not fight, as it would have been a great opportunity for him to legitimize himself.

It's even more unfair to the fans that we did not see that matchup.

Now obviously we can't just give Wilder credit for that opponent on his resume if they didn't fight. But we can see that he was all but ready to go against the opponent everyone wanted to see him in with and circumstances outside of his control caused that fight to be cancelled. In my book this buys him a little time to find another quality opponent.

This however doesn't excuse the dreadful upcoming bout with Wawrzyk.
          Would it really have legitimised him? Im getting confused as to why povetkins made out to be the boogeyman, didnt wlad absolutely demolish this guy, and i mean demolish. Povetkins a real small heavyweight too. I really dont think im asking much for wilder as WORLD CHAMPION, to show some interest in fighting a true elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            ring mag, tbrb, espn, stiverne was in every top 5 at the time wilder beat him. people were still holding on to the hope that arreola was a decent fighter if he could just get in shape. stiverne was ranked highly because he knocked arreola, an extremely durable guy, out.
            Fair enough man. wasnt being an arse, just saying i certainly never considered him top 5, still dont think thats impressive for that to be a world champions best win, a world champions whos defended the belts a few times

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Every HW champion has done this since Lennox Lewis retired. Taken many softer voluntaries instead of fighting a legit contender in the top 20 in the world not just the organization.
              yeah im just fed up with it, put that thread yesterday about looking forward to boxing in 2017 and then **** like this brings me back down to earth. Got cotto and wilder doing there best to make a joke out of the sport still.

Comment

someone ive heard of would be a good start...
                but who's available

Comment

theres always an excuse, thing is you lot let him get away with this, i said hed fight someone garbage. Why does he really need a tune up, even if he wasnt injured he probably wouldnt have been in the ring since his last fight till this one, fighters fight once or twice a year these days. Its an excuse to fight a bum, simple as that. Usually agree with what you say but you shouldnt be defending this ****
                  Let me rephrase - I don't believe in rehashing the same BS every month. He was scheduled to take a tough fight with Povetkin, that fell through, then he got injured. There's no reason to complain about Wilder's resume until he gets back in the ring and gets the tuneup over with.

Does he need a tuneup? Maybe, maybe not. Not like there's a ton of guys for him to fight in early 17. Parker, Ruiz, Pulev and Ortiz just fought, Haye, AJ and Wlad have fights scheduled for March. Does it matter whether it's a tuneup or another little known top15 contender?

Comment

seems to get a free pass on fighting bums cause of that.
                    Im reading the same old ****, 'its not wilders fault povetkin tested positive'. Yeah true, in that instance it wasnt.
                    But what about the other near on 40 fights hes had in his career? Am i missing something, is povetkin the only half decent fighter hes allowed to fight?
                    How come joshuas managed to get himsef a fight with wlad in less than 20 fights yet wilders supposedly absolved of all blame for not fighting anyone with a pulse in 40 fights cause one fighter tested positive for drugs.
                    No excuse for this guy wilders found, no idea where hes dragged him from, never heard of him.
                    And people can laugh it off, well its not funny really, the reason wilders getting these big ko's is cause hes fighting people who cant fight back, someone could get seriously hurt. The guy even fought charlie zelenoff ffs, some mentally ill guy, and worst thing is thats one of wilders better opponents.
                    Seemed to be a massive uproar about allen v ortiz but when wilder drags someone up from the cemetery to fight him noone seems to care 'its a mandatory doe' 'they all running from wilder doe' 'vada testing doe' trust me no mother ****er is running from wilder, everyone wants a shot at the golden goose.
                    Lets get shyt straight, many backed Stievrne to beat Wilder more so than predicted Wilder would beat Stiverne. That was a seismic win a solid accomplishment but he's done absolutely nothing since, he has an immediate mandatory owing and due to one reason and others he's never in fact fought a solitary mandatory in two years.

Wilder has no claim to being a legitimate champion, if that is not reason enough to want to prove himself on the world stage nothing will motivate him and we will continue to be treat to these shyt opponents Al Haymon keeps finding him until he's due to face a notable mandatory whom I can't see where he's going to come from.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Let me rephrase - I don't believe in rehashing the same BS every month. He was scheduled to take a tough fight with Povetkin, that fell through, then he got injured. There's no reason to complain about Wilder's resume until he gets back in the ring and gets the tuneup over with.

Does he need a tuneup? Maybe, maybe not. Not like there's a ton of guys for him to fight in early 17. Parker, Ruiz, Pulev and Ortiz just fought, Haye, AJ and Wlad have fights scheduled for March. Does it matter whether it's a tuneup or another little known top15 contender?
                      dont know why he cant schedule to fight one of them in a few months. Or why does he have to wait for everyone to announce there opponents before he fights them. Just fed up with it, not just wilder but fed up of how these mismatches seem to just get accepted, these fighters are so damn inactive every year so when they fight they should be fighting people who are half decent, i mean yeah whether people think stiverne was good or not, that was the start of 2015, are people really telling me theres not been an opportunity to fight better opponents than the ones hes been fighting? Povetkin stopped this guy in 3 rds, is it even a useful tune up, whats wilder getting out of it? Hardly good for shaking off the ring rust, hes going to walk up to him, hit him with a big shot and hes going to go down early, literally a pointless fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X