Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Wants The PPV To Be 100 in The UK, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't see it being that much, the ppv buys will be high in the U.K if they stay within the usual boundaries, I know what they want to maximise their earnings but I can't see any of the bug U.K tv companies (sky, BT, ITV) agreeing to that.

I suppose they could do without the uk money but I doubt Floyd will want to go that route lol.

Comment

I've bought tickets to big fights for less than £100, why would I pay that much to watch it at 5am in my living room...?

Absolute greed.

Comment

If you shell out £100 quid for this you deserve everything you get. Think it's bad business myself.

Comment

I wonder how do you translate that $100 amount from American currency into UK pounds?

Comment

1.31 dollars a pound on the latest exchange rate, no one would buy 131 bucks on PPV.

Comment

No way the brits will shell out 100 pound + for this fight, I think it's the low prices Sky offer for PPV that drive up the numbers over there, I'd be willing to buy most big fights for 20-30 beans.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                100 for anything that's hitting youtube and torrents within the hour is crazy. I don't care how entertaining Conor is, this is still his professional debut.
                No way anyone pays that in the UK, Not even in Ireland where Conor is from. Like someone else mentioned earlier, this fight would be available online by the next day, and the fact that it would be around 4/5am over here, means no one is paying that much to watch it.

Comment

I'm not buying this **** for 20 quid never mind 100. If they do charge £100 it will flop here and I hope it flops worldwide because it's a mismatch.

Comment

If you don't buy it and floyd makes no money then you won't be fed this garbage, easy fix

Comment

We don't really have a PPV culture over here other than boxing really.

£100...lol.

Isn't this fight in 3 weeks too? Not long to promote it on their channel whoever wins the rights.

It'll be £20

Comment

Working...
                      X