Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Mentioning 'Caveman' GGG With Hagler Disrespectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    Hagler use to fight at middleweight...

...back when middleweights weighed in on same day (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think Hagler would have been a big middleweight, at all. In fact, he might have ended up at 154 in today's era based on his size.

Of course, his accomplishments are great and he's a top 3 middleweight of all time. But Hopkins is a racist sack of **** and I don't care about anything he says. I'm glad Calzaghe beat him, and Joe Smith Jr. knocked him out of the ring.
    Yeah, Hagler had to fight on the same day as he weighed in, and he might well have been able to make 154. I think GGG could have done too, earlier in his career, but not now, going by how he looked at the presser yesterday.

To be fair to BHop ... he has made racist comments in the past, but I think he's gone past that shit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      Hopkins fought better fighters than GGG, but overall the division was better. Sure GGG couldve gone up to Ward, but it wasnt hes natural weight so he couldve had a catch weight. Ward refused to even have a catch weight with Dawson, he only moved up when he needed to. The only problem i have with Bhop is when things went against him he "injured" himself, falling out of rings twice, diving to the floor with Dawson, buying time with fake low blows with Calzaghe. Not what a champion should be doing.
      B-Hop went up for greatness, and went down (De La Hoya) for greatness! He wasn't satisfied with dominating weaker opponents! If GGG wins tomorrow, he solidifies his legacy as one of the greatest Middleweights of all time, ironically, by defeating a Middleweight who isn't a champion. That being said, GGG will never be in the same company of SRL, Duran, RJJ, B-Hop, Oscar, Floyd, Pacquiao, and Ward, because he was content to stay at MW!

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        Whiteboys having a bad last couple of weeks.

Nike sales surging
        Hurricane Flo about flooding the whitest part of the country
        two whiteboys about to get their asses whooped on Saturday

I concur

#IkneelwithKap
        #TeamBHOP
        #KingCanelo
        #CavemanGoingDown
        Get back to me when y'all stop blasting each other on the streets

#chriaq

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          While I rate GGG today, his style and skill is caveman compared to Hagler and BHop.
          BHop developed a unique style later in his career, based more on spoiling, strategy and tactics than any other world champ except Wlad, and possibly Ward.

I rate Hagler highly, but don't see him as any more skillful than GGG. They are both aggressive, front foot fighters, with stamina, good technique, great jabs and iron chins. That's why I think a fight betweeen them in their primes would have been a war, which could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            Bernard is a salty muddafuka...Hagler himself is a fan of GGG
            You fool just because he is fan does not mean he thinks GGG is better fighter, I like Naseem Hamed, does not mean I think he would beat Mayweather or Azumah Nelson

Comment

Hopkins still not sane from landing on his head from getting Goku'd outta the ring LOLOLOLOL.. Someone is salty that his streak is about to be beat by an Asian.... (gotta remind him since he is too stupid to know this).

Comment

this thread will result in a lot of bans..lol

Comment

Hop is an ex-boxer and a promoter so he's not gonna be 100% impartial but another way of looking at it is he understands the sport better than 99.9% of people and he took the time to give his own rankings and explain his viewpoint. Everything DLH says is coke-fueled nonsense, lies or standard promoter talk but Hopkins always seems to give good interviews, even though I disagree with some comments I like how he'll spend 10 minutes talking with reasoning not just try for an empty soundbite.

He said the early GGG title defences weren't for the real title which is true, and that it's not Golovkin's fault his era has been weak but that it's just fact that it has been, which I agree with. The MW division has more talent in it in 2018 than at any point in the last decade though and as a Golovkin fan I think he can strengthen his resume in the next 3-4 fights. But right now he's not close to Hagler and especially shouldn't be put above him by ESPN. Hagler cleaned out a better division in more dominant fashion and beat a prime ATG in 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    Glen Johnson beat Roy Jones and Antonio Tarver. Most of his loses were hometown decisions like against Woods or Branco or late in his career when he was an old man.
                    How old were they when he beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      B-Hop went up for greatness, and went down (De La Hoya) for greatness! He wasn't satisfied with dominating weaker opponents! If GGG wins tomorrow, he solidifies his legacy as one of the greatest Middleweights of all time, ironically, by defeating a Middleweight who isn't a champion. That being said, GGG will never be in the same company of SRL, Duran, RJJ, B-Hop, Oscar, Floyd, Pacquiao, and Ward, because he was content to stay at MW!
                      BHop went down for Oscar because he knew Oscar was significantly smaller and physically weaker than him.

And he went up - after a 10 year reign at 160 - because he lost his MW title and the rematch to Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                      X