Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Gate Record Proves Canelo is Top Draw in Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
    they came to see Triple GGG not the running coyote canola nobody likes a runner listen to the boo's
    lmao...........

Comment

next fight Canelo will box a mirror.

Comment

De La Hoya knows something about hyping a fighter. His entire career has been fueled by massive hype.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Since when is 3rd a record?
          It is a record for a non-Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            I don't know what you are trying to say but if you think Canelo has room to grow PPV or draw wise you're mistaken. He's at the peak of his career. GGG is the biggest fight he could have made been a 3 year wait and only did 1.3m. Even Oscar knows Floyd's career is a once in a lifetime career and didn't even take off until he was 30 years old. I highly doubt Canelo will be fighting past his early 30's and doesn't even speak English that matters no matter what they say Mayweather McGregor showed people still love build up and trash talking. Canelos career draw wise is more comparable to Mike Tyson, Floyd is on a totally different level never took 1 L and he literally worth almost a Billion dollars Canelo probably hasn't even seen 65 million yet even though he's 27 his career still has a trajectory and it's not on the upswing after GGG I'd bet the rematch does less than 1.3m and once Canelo reaches 30 boxing will have others stars on the come up.
            The boxing market has changed drastically over the years and will continue to change (decline). With competition from other sports, new forms of entertainment and new technologies, PPV is not a sustainable venue. Young folks are not much interested in boxing anymore, certainly not as participants. Boxing in the future will be even more dominated by foreign fighters, and the domestic market will continue to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Better fighters than Floyd at that age? He's only fought Lara, Floyd, Trout Cotto and now GGG that were top fighters. In all those fights he never really dominate or look good against them. He's beaten old, shot and smaller fighters with a name other than that. Go look at who Floyd had already beaten by 27. And if you don't know any of those names than you must have barely started watching boxing.
              I know who they are. I just can use a good laugh so please DO name them!

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                The boxing market has changed drastically over the years and will continue to change (decline). With competition from other sports, new forms of entertainment and new technologies, PPV is not a sustainable venue. Young folks are not much interested in boxing anymore, certainly not as participants. Boxing in the future will be even more dominated by foreign fighters, and the domestic market will continue to decline.
                Yea it was a fast reply but that's what I was going to mention if there even is a PPV anymore but then again when you think about it if you have a massive social following the only way to generate that type of revenue is with some form of PPV format but in the future it will only be reserve to once in a lifetime type fighters cuz I don't think they can just totally do away with PPV like that it's been going on for too many years....The problem is who is going to be the next big draw that can average 1m buys ?????????? not in sight it seems Canelo can't even do it without a dance partner and he has a massive following

Comment

Canelo is the current top draw... but that's not saying much - and there aren't any fights out there where he can hit a mil... a GGG rematch is probably the only one... even Cotto didn't hit a mil.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
                    Canelo does not really have any competition with ppv. So it is really not that impressive. Mayweather dwarfs anything canelo will ever do.
                    Plus the general public was turned off my canelo's performance against ggg and the decision overall. Oscar is very out of touch with the general public. And having the genral publics attentio is how mcgregor and mayweather made so much money.
                    Does canelo have a future opponent other than ggg that will help him beat his most current ppv buy rate?
                    That's part of the reason I say Canelo's career is at his peak rn. 2-3 year build up. He called GGG into the ring and said "we don't Fawk around". Spent the majority of his training camp and press conferences looking like and saying he's going for the KO. Then when fight night came he spent 8 of the 12 rounds going backwards and fighting off the ropes. If you don't think that turned the casual fans off you're delusional. I'd even go as far as to say the fight really wasn't even all that great giving the expectations and it's primarily because of the way Canelo was fighting.....and also is the reason I say the rematch does even less buyrate if it doesn't it only cuz May-MCG made an enormous impact.

Comment

This clown thinks people are going to tune in after he just ripped them off?

Comment

Working...
                      X