No announcement yet.

"I'm not going out there to take any punishment" - Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    It's not about Floyds defense, it's the fact he never risks even finishing his opponents off. Floyd literally is one of the most boring offensive fighters of our era, he barley throws combinations, pot shots all night and can never push his opponent back for more than 2 seconds.

He has the skills to finish people off but decides to unanimous decision EVERY SINGLE TIME, the guy hasn't had a stoppage in centuries, and don't count Ortiz 'cause that ain't even legit.

Lastly don't give me that **** about sweet science, is the only excuse people use to justify his sleep worthy performances.
    That depends on which fights you'd like to watch of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
      It's not about Floyds defense, it's the fact he never risks even finishing his opponents off. Floyd literally is one of the most boring offensive fighters of our era, he barley throws combinations, pot shots all night and can never push his opponent back for more than 2 seconds.

He has the skills to finish people off but decides to unanimous decision EVERY SINGLE TIME, the guy hasn't had a stoppage in centuries, and don't count Ortiz 'cause that ain't even legit.

Lastly don't give me that **** about sweet science, is the only excuse people use to justify his sleep worthy performances.
      marcos maidana's favorite fighter is floyd mayweather and he says he never misses a fight.

a lot of boxers say the same thing.

i know, mind boggling isn't it?

Comment

• Why would you want to take punishment? Getting beat up isn't fun even for a professional so if you are capable of avoiding that outcome why wouldn't you~

I get guys looking at these guys as pure entertainment but the object of the game is first and foremost to win~ if you take little to no punishment it makes winning a lot easier and enjoying the spoils more fun.

Comment

• Why can't people just accept that ever since Floyd started fighting at 147 he started to fight defense first and offense second? THAT is his style now. Get over it. All these years and people are still complaining about it. You think now all of a sudden at his age hes going to change that style that kept him winning with ease? He has started to walk down his opponents a lot more then he usually does at 147-154. Floyd doesn't even have the type of power to fight toe to toe and you really think he should exchange with a guy as big as Canelo? When this fight was made we all know exactly how Floyd would fight.

Some people also think its cool to get your brains scrambled. Being 40 years old and slurring your words and memory loss. The fans like to cheer for stuff like this and then years down the line they want to talk about how sad it is to see a fighter in that type of shape. There is a big reason why B.Hop is able to compete at the age hes at now.
          Last edited by Zano-24; 07-09-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X