Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner, Jessie Vargas Battle To a Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not an AB fan but he fought better than expected against a fighter that he was originally scheduled for and fought the best he's fought in a while a bigger guy. I give him props. He is tough can take a shot. Just doesn't throw enough

Comment

• Had Vargas winning by 4...but 2 of the rounds I gave him, could've easily went to Broner....they were close as hell.

Vargas faded badly. He has no one to blame but himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by downklown View Post
        It's amazing to me how dude's continue to fall for Broner's antics. People, HE IS A PROMOTER!!!!!
        Him trash talking Ellerbe at the pre-fight press conference was PROMOTION!!!!
        Him trash talking in the post fight was, say it with me, PROMOTION!!!!
        The beef with that rapper was what? IT WAS PROMOTION!!!!
        Snap out of it.. Sometimes beef is real, not everything is promotion which is exactly why charlo almost beat his asz at the weigh in

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Had it 7-5 Vargas. Could've been a draw. No way Broner won 7 rounds though. He started way too late.

The corner work tonight was sensational. I think McCallum's call for the jab after the 10th saved Jesse from a robbery.
          Great assessment!
          I think Vargas Did good going back to the jab in the 11th round.
          I have no issue with the draw though.
          I was taking Vargas but it was a great close fight.

Comment

• Broner made $1M for this fight. The draw against a good fighter means he's gonna get at least one more good payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
              7-5 Vargas or 6-6 Draw, no arguments from me
              Same for me dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by downklown View Post
                It's amazing to me how dude's continue to fall for Broner's antics. People, HE IS A PROMOTER!!!!!
                Him trash talking Ellerbe at the pre-fight press conference was PROMOTION!!!!
                Him trash talking in the post fight was, say it with me, PROMOTION!!!!
                The beef with that rapper was what? IT WAS PROMOTION!!!!

Youre giving too much credit to broner, sir. Hes just a ****** with a pea brain and a giant mouth. Hes not this amazing wizard of promotions. Hes a legit ****** half the **** he says doesnt even make sense.

Comment

• The way these guys fought a spirited battle, both would own Figueroa.

Comment

• What a fight? It exceeded expectations. "The "Problem showed more signs of life and fight in this bout than expected.

This was exactly why I liked Broner's chances against Jessie Vargas as opposed to Omar Figueroa because of the style match up. I believed he matched up better against Vargas than Figueroa because he is not a natural pressure fighter but Omar Figueroa is.. Jessie is just a pure boxer.

Figueroa can throw punches for days and not get tired. However apparently Jessie Vargas cannot. He was way out of his element trying to outwork Broner by beating him to the punch.

That fast pace he set earlier in the fight wore him down in the later rounds and allowed Adrien a window back into the fight. I thought a draw was fair.

If you are going to throw that many punches early you better make sure that you knock your opponent out and he is still not around after twelve rounds..

Comment

• Broner the best fighter since Willie Pep

Dude can win rounds without throwing a punch! Just like Pep!!

Comment

Working...
                      X