Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K2 have been promoting Expo for a good 3 years, so the chance's of them fighting in Kazakhstan seems almost certain. However we don't know if K2 have done their part for Expo 2017, if in their contract they would fight there or just help promote it..

If K2 doesn't fight in Kazakhstan then we know the answer. The BJS deal can also be manners to play with GBP with negotiations because both sides have demands. It might even be that BJS doesn't even happen but they will still fight in Kazakhstan a's they will state their part for the Jacobs fight.

I think it's safe to say that they will fight Kazakhstan with or without BJS.

BJS might still fight Alvarez this year. I have a feeling Eubanks Jr. 2 could happen so that they can blast the IBO in every conference meet. Lots of potential even with that rematch. At this point Warren will even be more antagonizing.

Comment

As I've stated in a previous post, I seriously doubt this fight ever happens in 2017. As long as Oscar continues down this path of gamesmanship then it's simply not possible.

He's making too many unreasonable demands. Ninety days is more than enough time to promote this bout and he knows it.

Moreover, He is using every stalling and delaying tactic at his disposal in order to not make this fight happen. However, I believe the public can see right through it.

Tom Loeffler should just say to the hell with this clown by having Gennady fight whomever and whenever he pleases. When Golden Boy decides they are ready to sit down and negotiate in good faith, then they know how to find GGG. He isn't hard to find at all.

Comment

Canelo is fighting in May. If Canelo loses, and Golovkin puts off his fight in June, then it leaves Golovkin hanging (again).

De La Hoya needs to get a bit real here, only way he can put something guaranteed on the table right now is to stop the Chavez fight, and that won't happen.

De La Hoya has a couple of motivations for Golovkin not fighting in June:

1) keeps Golvokin inactive
        - advantage Canelo
        - Golovkin getting old, inactivity will reduce him

2) Keeps the belt with Saunders
        - advantage Canelo, can continue to use Saunders as an alternative in the Golovkin negotiations
        - after Golovkin, if Canelo wins, lines up an easy and lucrative unification with Saunders (which won't be there if Golovkin takes Saunders' belt)

De La Hoya is too transparent and makes Canelo look bad (eg giving up the belt). I appreciate Canelo's professionalism in focusing on the boxing side and letting his promoter do the business side (as he should), but GBP is making a dogs dinner of it and Canelo needs to step up and put some limits on what De La Hoya is doing.

Comment

Oscar just shut up. What does Golovkin fighting in June have anything to do with Canelo in September? The ducking is getting embarrassing now.

Comment

K2 better not fall the for "Okie Doke" again! If Saunders is willing to go Kazakhstan, then get that deal signed ASAP! The only question should be "what's Plan B if Saunders does not want to go to Kazakhstan?" If Khurtsidze beats Langford on April 22nd, he'll probably do it in a heartbeat! WAR WHITE TYSON!!!

Comment

Then so does Canelo fighting in May. Just piss off Oscar. Only a complete idiot would put off a fight with Saunders in June especially when Oscar will be looking for a way to avoid the September fight anyway.

Comment

HELL... oscar, please, STOP disrespecting us...
                we're not so stupid, buddy...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yep and he's also said Lemeuix is on the table and it might have been awhile but Cotto II was mentioned iirc.

Oscar can't act like GGG is the only main opponent they want for September when they've mentioned so many others.

I'll also be zero percent surprised if Oscar plays chicken and wins vs Tom with this GGG June fight and BJS starts being brought up as Canelo's September opponent.
                  BJS slammed Canelo in a recent interview. He said Warren had been talking to Oscar and it was clear they didn't want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                    Then so does Canelo fighting in May. Just piss off Oscar. Only a complete idiot would put off a fight with Saunders in June especially when Oscar will be looking for a way to avoid the September fight anyway.
                    It seems like he is using this to avoid the September fight

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      BJS slammed Canelo in a recent interview. He said Warren had been talking to Oscar and it was clear they didn't want to fight him.
                      I've never been one to take words in boxing very seriously like some do. I think money can change things quick, let's not forget BJS remarks about GGG a couple years back and now it seems he's lined up to fight him in 10 weeks or whatever.

So I think whatever is being said today could be changed on a dime and I also believe that there could be things said today that are more for effect, spin or to angle yourself into a better situation that have lil or no truth to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X