Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder announcement tomorrow: 3 fight Showtime deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    “Look, (Wilder) is a baby winning the title. It was his first title fight, they'll be a time for unification, they'll be a time for all those things, he could go and Povetkin (the No. 2 contender) in Russia and make $10 million,” Finkel said to the Tuscaloosa News. “It's not the right thing yet. Give him a couple of fights, maybe bring something back to Alabama. Let him develop just like any other athlete. They don't take someone who is a great college prospect and throw him right in. And this kid is a great prospect.”

Shelly Finkel 2015

Also, you never responded to your idol Wilder selling Tee shirts. Care to comment? Idiot

Once again you moronic haters are quoting Shelly Finkel's words and not Deontay Wilder's. You heard Wilder's words concerning the fight. You heard it from his own lips. He wanted the fight badly and was looking forward to making it happen as soon as possible.

However, Klitschko wasn't interested in it and subsequently, lost his titles to Tyson Fury in the very same calendar year that Wilder won his World WBC Heavyweight championship. Remember that Shelly Finkel works for Deontay Wilder and not Deontay Wilder works for Shelly Finkel.

Also and lastly, it's Deontay Wilder's prerogative to do whatever the fuck he wants to do, whenever the fuck he feels like doing it. Just so long it's legitimate.

What's wrong with having a little side hustle these days? Today's athletes do it all the time. They have everything; From side hustles, endorsements to sponsorships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
      Fair enough mate
      yeah, it's what made the losses extra embarrassing, because Thompson was done when he fought Price...both times lol

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Once again you moronic haters are quoting Shelly Finkel's words and not Deontay Wilder's. You heard Wilder's words concerning the fight. You heard it from his own lips. He wanted the fight badly and was looking forward to making it happen as soon as possible.

However, Klitschko wasn't interested in it and subsequently, lost his titles to Tyson Fury in the very same calendar year that Wilder won his World WBC Heavyweight championship. Remember that Shelly Finkel works for Deontay Wilder and not Deontay Wilder works for Shelly Finkel.

Also and lastly, it's Deontay Wilder's prerogative to do whatever the fuck he wants to do, whenever the fuck he feels like doing it. Just so long it's legitimate.

What's wrong with having a little side hustle these days? Today's athletes do it all the time. They have everything; From side hustles, endorsements to sponsorships.
        So now the promoter’s words don’t count? Huh. I guess 95% of your posts are useless then since you stay trashing Eddie Hearn’s comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          yeah, it's what made the losses extra embarrassing, because Thompson was done when he fought Price...both times lol
          Lool, point taken. Any thoughts on the rest of my list?

Comment

• Originally posted by that g View Post
            So now the promoter’s words don’t count? Huh. I guess 95% of your posts are useless then since you stay trashing Eddie Hearn’s comments.
            First of all, Finkel is no promoter. He is one of Deontay Wilder's managers. Wilder hired him after he turned professional along with Mark Breland as his trainer.

Comment

• Multi fight showtime contract worth over a hundred million???

Close.

Hes selling t shirts now with his name on. Huge announcement wouldnt you say

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
                Lool, point taken. Any thoughts on the rest of my list?
                Chagaev wouldn't have happened just because he didn't fight anyone of any risk or substance after getting KO'd by Povetkin in 2011.

I like Haye and Chisora, would have enjoyed either of those fights.
                But if I'm either of their promoters, I'm not making that fight before Wilder has a belt. He's way too much risk if he's just some ranked guy. Briggs....ehhhhh was far out of his prime during Wilders come up. And Jennings would have been a stylistic nightmare as he's only 6'1 and Wilder is 6'7

Wilder/Chisora almost happened though. There was a press conference and everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                  AJ is pulling in millions in endorsements...and Wilder is opening a pop up Tee shirt shop hahahahaaaha. Wow...50/50 though right?....
                  Even more funny that AJs clothing sponsor lays on a private jet for him. Still 'Make America grate again' hats might catch on.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Your idol turns down 120 million, to do a fight where he makes 3 million tops, and then he is selling Tee shirts for extra money...but I am the moron???? Hhahahaha. OK, at this point Wilder can sell **** in a bag and idiots like you would buy it. There's no reasoning with you types. His fans are now just as bad as Canelo fans, minus the steroids talk. You keep supporting this fraud until he gets KOed and put into the hospital like Stevenson did. Then maybe he will finally have that body on his record...his

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Chagaev wouldn't have happened just because he didn't fight anyone of any risk or substance after getting KO'd by Povetkin in 2011.

I like Haye and Chisora, would have enjoyed either of those fights.
                      But if I'm either of their promoters, I'm not making that fight before Wilder has a belt. He's way too much risk if he's just some ranked guy. Briggs....ehhhhh was far out of his prime during Wilders come up. And Jennings would have been a stylistic nightmare as he's only 6'1 and Wilder is 6'7

Wilder/Chisora almost happened though. There was a press conference and everything.
                      I remember that press conference. Wilder didn't show (no idea why not) and of course the fight didn't happen.

Briggs was past his best, but he wouldn't be first the heavyweight to pose a threat behind his salad days. I think it would have been a decent "old lion vs young lion" scalp and would have at least put his name on the map.

Whether Haye would have taken the fight is up for debate, but Wilder should at least have been pushing for it imho; a big name and a healthy payday to boot.

The physical advantages he has over Jennings makes it all the more baffling as to why he didn't pursue the fight. It's a winnable fight against a name opponent which is textbook prospect material.

Comment

Working...
                      X