Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin Wants Saunders Next if He Can Beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
    Well the haters don't have a leg to stand on it was always either Canelo or Saunders the two biggest names at 160 for GGG. Golovkin isn't messing around i can't wait for the rematch!
    Then why did he fight Vanes???He wasnt a big name. Or even a Middleweight..

I cant wait for the rematch as well. I think its gonna go 12 rounds but I have a feeling someone is gonna get dropped.

Comment

Good stuff, would be interesting to see BJS against GGG or Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

I cant wait for the rematch as well. I think its gonna go 12 rounds but I have a feeling someone is gonna get dropped.
        Probably with such short notice he didn't want to risk the big paydays against fickle opposition. Vanes was there and I think anyone else in the world would have done the same thing. B**ch move? Maybe. Smart move? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

because vanes is a natural born killer and in reality beat lara and charlo. i dont care what the record books say. skills pay the bills and vanes earned those 12 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Every fighter has mythical principles. Money changes everything. One guy in Canelo gave up his title to at that time avoid the bigger fight and the other guy GGG gave up his title to fight the bigger fight. Different situations, different levels of backlash. As long as they clear up their reputation and legacy, thats what matters in the end.

when did money become a justifiable reason to duck your mando?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              When there’s 20-30 million on the line

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                until Golovkin..... I had never heard 1 single fan state that money is a justifiable reason to avoid your mandatory

not once, EVER !

just the opposite
                All I did was search for one fight under similar circumstances. Try Geale fighting Mundine over GGG himself & forced the WBA to strip him.

This thread only had 33 posts, yet here's the quotes I was able to easily find. Oh, how opinion has changed recently eh?

Meanwhile GGG had been waiting 2 years for his shot, not 6 months like SD & that was on short notice! Geale took the easier route & money as well. Yet still the outcry was don't strip him!

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                But yea it looks like he will get stripped because there is probably more money in the Mundine fight in Austrailia, where as if they waited the fight between Geale and Golovkin would be more likely. Very short sighted, IMO.
                Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                i dont think he is ducking you cant fault him for trying to milk boxing for more money
                Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Daniel Geale need to just keep the IBF belt
                Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                They aren't giving Geale enough time imho. Why are they forcing their new champion to take a mandatory immediately? Hopefully, Team Geale can sit down with both the WBA/IBF and work something out.
                Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Geale should go ahead and make his purse with Mudine.
                Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                He'll vacate that trinket. The fight with Mundine is going to make him way more money right now than a fight with GGG. I think the WBA should have given him one defense in between
                Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Seriously man wtf. He just got his belt but gets no voluntary defenses? Garbage...
                Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Yeah but Geale/Mundine II is going to be a very lucrative fight.
                Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Geale is going to fight Mundine that is the better option risk/reward wise and after the WBA jobs Geale is he really going to want to care about fighting their champion again especially a tough guy that brings little to the table money wise.
                Originally posted by Bomb_onya_Madre View Post
                why cant Golovkin get some step aside money have a fight in the mean time and face the winner next
                Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I hate when promoters/networks/managers/ABC bodies try to force a fighter's hand. Sit down with the fighter's team and work this shit out instead of stripping them arbitrarily. It just makes the sport look bad when fighters lose their titles outside of the ring.
                Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                While i do wanna see this fight, they are doing him dirty
                Last edited by S7V7N; 06-19-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                  All I did was search for one fight under similar circumstances. Try Geale fighting Mundine over GGG himself & forced the WBA to strip him.

This thread only had 33 posts, yet here's the quotes I was able to easily find. Oh, how opinion has changed recently eh?

Meanwhile GGG had been waiting 2 years for his shot, not 6 months like SD & that was on short notice! Geale took the easier route & money as well. Yet still the outcry was don't strip him!

when did it become acceptable to be a little b1tch because "Geale did it first" ?

Comment

when the very first Canelo/Golovkin negotiation broke down over weight..... you fcukboys were SCREAMING for Canelo to be stripped

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post

Boxing is their job, so money is generally a big part in someones professional choices. Title belts are essentially there to show who is the best but with that usually comes money. with the proliferation of belts these can often times diverge and sometimes a guy will have to drop a belt to make more money.

If a guy drops a belt for this reason or is forced to it is not like their ranking changes much and they will still get really good opportunities for the most part anyway. A guy like Spence or Wilder or even Golovkin back when this was going on needed belts to draw prestige to their position in hopes the big fights come. A guy like Gaele or Golovkin currently can afford to drop the belt because it has served it's purpose and it is time to cash in.

Not something all fans like to hear or talk about but if someone is being real about high level boxing these are the hard choices that guys need to make and generally going for the money in this hard game is the choice that will get made and is generally the correct choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X