Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Should Roy Jones Be Penalized For Fighting Too Long?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    What? Like penalise him worse the being repeatedly beaten up and KTFO in public? What do you want to do to the man?
    suspension, fine, make wear pink gloves and trunks

Comment

We dont control other's destiny

If he's still fighting, even against known or unknown opponents, it has to be because he knows he can still do it. The KOs he got before dont matter for him, when your're a boxer, you're a boxer. And no one can question the love he got for his sport. As long as he feels training is a game and not a pain, I guess he will continue. Roy Jones is a real Athlete, and deserves respect !

Comment

I say no because it's not that cut and dried. Obviously he's fighting at this stage of his career because he is broke. The man has bills to pay like everyone else. Therefore, let him fight if he wants too.

Comment

Roy Jones should've retired a long time ago. But as long as he pass the medical she has a right to fight.

Comment

I ignore everything after the Ruiz fight. He ruined his body coming back to 175. He looked nothing like his old self in the first Tarver fight.

Roy was the best fighter of my lifetime and that is how I will always remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              make wear pink gloves and trunks

Comment

Roy Jones Jr is an all time great. I think we should judge fighters by how good they were in their prime and around their prime. Roy Jones should have retired a long time ago, love the guy and hate to see him get hurt. There is nothing to win by fighting, stick to the comentator gig and enjoy life.

Comment

Unfortunately, it will hurt his legacy in the eyes of many.

Had he retired after Ruiz, he's right in the discussion of best ever. Sadly he's still going almost a decade and a half later and has lost to guys that wouldn't have belonged in the same ring as him.

Comment

The fights that hurt me the most are Calzaghe and Tarver 3 because I still had hope Roy could get everything back.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Unfortunately, it will hurt his legacy in the eyes of many.

Had he retired after Ruiz, he's right in the discussion of best ever. Sadly he's still going almost a decade and a half later and has lost to guys that wouldn't have belonged in the same ring as him.
                      It should hurt his legacy. He's doing it to himself. If chavez retired at
                      80-0. Would he be considered TBE.
                      Roy was never the best boxer. He was the best athlete to ever box. As soon as he lost a step he became average overnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X