Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carson Jones: Golovkin "Held Back" in Sparring Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
    I wrote "primarily" a career welterweight. As in most of his fights were at welter which means that was his ideal weight class. 33 fights at welter and 8 at super welterweight before moving up. Just like Trinidad was primarily a welterweight before facing Hopkins despite having some fights at jmw. And if anything, in this scenario, Canelo would be hearns and GGG would be Hagler. Not the other way around as the other poster indicated.
    Didn't really see the other post, but Canelo is definitely the Hearns here imo. The similarities are striking:

(1) Loses to the "box office" fighter of his era early in his career.
    (2) His team makes key errors in that loss, largely due to inexperience.
    (3) He moves on to beat a guy (Cotto in this case, but Benitez in the past) who is elite, but somewhat past their best days.
    (4) Takes a fight with the "boogey man" at 160, who's had a full career, but with valid question marks
    (5) Is the "A side" fighter in that matchup with a dedicated fan base, but has serious competitive disadvantages going into the fight

It's hard not to see these things imo

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Spoken like a true fanboy!

Guys like you simply don't understand the difference between giving an honest opinion and making excuses ... because for you, there is no difference! You have no honest opinions on boxing .. just fanboy bias and agendas to push.

you used every excuse in the book for Kovalev

ref's, judges, fouls..... blah blah blah

TIP: when you use more than 1 excuse, you are not genuine..... because providing more than 1 reason is making excuses

..... and you clowns used every excuse in the book

#potkettleblack,again LMAO

Comment

This cum stain uses hashtags too. Embarassing. I'm nutting on your sisters **** for that one

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

you used every excuse in the book for Kovalev

ref's, judges, fouls..... blah blah blah

TIP: when you use more than 1 excuse, you are not genuine..... because providing more than 1 reason is making excuses

..... and you clowns used every excuse in the book

#potkettleblack,again LMAO
          Tip: When you try to pretend there was nothing controversial or worthy of debate in any of the factors you mentioned there .. you are not being genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            he has, Chris Van Heerden

and he pulled the same stunt with edited video's
            thanks for the correction.... this time he made sure to get a wayyy smaller pro with way less power lol... he learned from his mistakes

Comment

So, Carson says it's always 100% at the gym with GGG.... EXCEPT the one time he sparred a young Canelo. Eh, yeah... sure... gotcha.

LOL

And for the record, IMO GGG peaked 2-3 fights back, and hasn't progressed since. So, if things go according to the way they usually go in situations like that with fighters, this will be an even more interesting fight than many think it will be. I'm still picking Canelo to come out on top, but not without a bit of 'drama' here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Tip: When you try to pretend there was nothing controversial or worthy of debate in any of the factors you mentioned there .. you are not being genuine.

lucky Kovalev never tore his shoulder

lucky Kovalev wasn't big doe, like Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by I.R.I.E View Post
                  Old and shot? Lol gtfo! Jacobs made him look bad because jacobs is a solid fighter. Anything to discredit a possible canelo win. Boxing has worst fans i swear.
                  Even old GGG will beat canelita

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    So after Jacobs beat lil g then he is old & shot? Got it.
                    Jacobs was dropped and he sucked :*******:

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
                      Canelo has definitely fine-tuned his skills this past 5 years. The thing is that he'll be relying heavily on footwork along with pot-shot to quick combos to keep GGG off of him. I don't think Canelo has the power to hurt GGG at all as his KO power was at WW. I see this ending in Canelo getting hurt in the later rounds when he gets tired from all of the movement. GGG will cut off ring and hurt Canelo - I'm just praying that if it turns into a hit and run kind of fight that the judges don't mess up the scoring....This is indeed the REAL fight for boxing---
                      Not FLOYD vs lil Big Mac - i'll watch the replay of that Crap
                      I don't think Canelo has any good footwork imo, he'll be relying on upper body and head movement to keep Golovkin off him...we still don't know if he can box on the back foot either...which is why I think he'll be a sitting duck in the second half of the fight.

Surely he can't have his per round 'rest breaks' on the ropes like he loves doing, he'll have to tie up/smother Golovkin instead.
                      Last edited by cally93; 08-14-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X