No announcement yet.

loma's response to floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Experience counts a TON though. An amazing amateur can't just be thrown in at the deep end as a pro he must be gradually built up. Not fighting 3-18 or 0-5 guys but getting a feel for the game with the pro sized gloves, the no head gear against guys that are experienced in the pro game etc; are necessary. The pace of the fights, the mentality and concept of the pro game against the amateur game. Sure an amateur can have more solid fundamentals but he's not trained or experienced at going 10 or 12 rounds or fighting pro style boxers.

There's a reason Ali who won Olympic Gold for example was knocked down and got a razor thin win over Doug Jones and then knocked down and hurt badly by Henry Coopr but made a mockery of Liston and other top pro's once he got acquainted to the pro game.

There's a reason why Lomachenko is probably the best (most proven) 11 fight fighter in history - or at least modern history. He had the foundations and he leaned/adapted fast. I think a more conventional way of handling him would have been the Kostya Tszyu route of a couple bums and some low tier contenders and a gradual climb but I do applaud the mentality he took into the game and am enjoying seeing him improve aspects of his game with nearly every fight. He's a talented fighter IMO. Sure, his boxing experience was already grand but pro experience is never gained overnight.
    Hard to imagine him getting better and better with more experience. I am trying to picture what he needs to improve or at the very least add to his arsenal. Scary thought. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      Hard to imagine him getting better and better with more experience. I am trying to picture what he needs to improve or at the very least add to his arsenal. Scary thought. Peace.
      I think there's been a dramatic improvement from fight to fight from say fight 2-6 to fight 7 to now. He's not a power puncher, but he seems to be punching with more authority and getting more of a mean streak about him. His ring generalship and confidence look a lot better and he's basically figured every fight out after 1 round so a lot of intangibles have improved which was always going to be the case.

Yeah your right there really aren't that many holes in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Just building it up as usual. Keep arguing and thinking one is afraid of the other
        building up? it will last forever

Davis is afraid of losing to Lomachenko, it wull hurt his price and "greatness"

Comment

TY for smart suggestion.

What a fùcking tool lmao.

Comment

This is actually good for Lomachenko.

Getting into a light hearted public beef with Mayweather will do more for his career than all the unnecessary clowning in the ring and the suspect QUITKO's.

Comment

Loma needs to expose Ducker Davis.

A nice warm up fight before Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                If thats how you see it, so be it. The fact is anyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge knows Loma is too much for Davis right now, so the fight would be a mismatch and prove nothing.

We get it, **** ass fuckstains like you that are still upset Floyd is undefeated want his fighter to lose so you can celebrate. If the situation was reversed, you'd be saying Loma is too green, why do it now.

Floyd is going to build his fighter the way he sees fit.
                Why are you defending Davis? You fight the best no matter what. Look at Leonard-Hears 1. How old was Hearns? 21?

Davis has 1 more fight, then he needs to fight Lomachenko. You fight the best in your division no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I agree with what you are saying pretty much spot on, I just wouldn't quite call it marination.

Davis is young and has talent along with untapped potential because I think he could get more dedicated to boxing. That second part makes me question how good he will be in a couple year but if you are Floyd and you have a guy like Davis who could be good or better than he is now, is throwing him in with a true wolf the right move. If Davis never will be sure why not but with that being kind of unknown I don't think anyone would pull the trigger on that fight unless there was a ton of money in it which I can't see being the case.

Still Lomachenko is right to go after Davis because it would be a decent scalp and forcing Floyd to talk about him is among the best things he can have happen for him because people will feel one way or the other over it and over time people will feel more strongly about Lomachenko from these small seeds.
                  Is Loma a "wolf" though? I thought he was a pillow puncher? Anyway, Loma went in with Salido before he was ready and that only helped him. Why cant this fight be good experience for Tank, win or lose? If he wins, he's an immediate PPV star. If he loses, it's great experience and he can just get better from there. The exposure he will get, win or lose, will also help raise his stardom in the future. So what is the problem? Make the damn fight already. It is only Floyd's unhealthy obsession with never risking an undefeated record, even at the expense of making big fights that create stars, that is preventing this fight. There is no logical reason whatsoever other than Floyd's dumb obsession. Unless you actually believe Lomachenko would give Tank a career-altering beating, Margarito-Cotto style, or some ****, then there is literally no logical reason not to make the fight next. Some of y'all are acting like Lomachenko would kill Tank or some ****. It's a boxing match, not an execution, and Lomachenko is not even a knockout artist. Floyd is tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Loma says Floyd won't let Davis fight him and Garcia says Arum won't let Loma fight him. No one is afraid of the other. Just building it up as usual. Keep arguing and thinking one is afraid of the other
                    Except Arum would make that fight as soon as possible. Floyd, on the other hand, wouldn't. So just because different people make similar accusations doesn't mean they are all true. Sometimes, some are true, and some aren't. Clearly, Floyd is hiding Tank from Loma. On the other hand, there is zero evidence that Arum is hiding Loma from Mikey, and in fact both Loma and Arum have said publicly that they want that fight. Good luck finding an interview of Floyd where he says he wants to make Lomachenko-Tank. That's the difference, and it's a key one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Those amateurs are better boxers than the cans most fighters fight to gain experience in the pros. Lomachenko is vastly more experienced than Davis. **** he's vastly more experienced than almost every damn active fighter. Count all the rounds he's boxed and compare.
                      hes had 11 pro fights lol. the salido fight in his 2nd fight shows the difference betwwen amatuer experience and pro experience. And i swear when it came to golovkin you used to say 'amateur accomplishments/wins dont matter' but now its all the same lol

Comment

Working...
                      X