Collapse
No announcement yet.

loma's response to floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd knows the deal, he knows Lomachenko is incredibly talented but he also knows he is fully dedicated to the game. So his whole mentality toward boxing is much more mature than Davis.

Davis is good and has a lot of talent but how dedicated is he to his craft? I find his commitment somewhat suspect, so right there I can tell who will win. If a light clicks on for Davis maybe it can go differently, but until then or Floyd knows for sure it will never happen no reason to risk the youngster.

Make no mistake though Floyd knows what happens if the two fight now, if his man had a shot in his eyes he would more than likely make the fight

Comment

I see a lot of people saying that they should wait to marinate the fight, which is understandable.
      My question is: how good do you guys think Davis is?

I think he is better than some give him credit for, but I'm not sure if he is good enough to be a huge factor in the future.

They will marinate the Lomachenko vs. Garcia fight because that is the big fight for these guys.
      Loma and Garcia would probably be the favorites to beat everyone from 140 and below. Even though Loma has yet to fight at 135 and 140.
      One of them will not be the favorite once they have to fight each other.
      Not sure Davis can get to that level.

If I were in Loma's team I would have him keep mentioning Floyd and Davis because that keeps his name more relevant with other people, but also focus more on fighters that actually want to get in the ring.

I say fight Kenichi Ogawa in March for the IBF belt (everybody else is busy for early next year).
      Then fight Miguel Berchelt (hopefully Berchelt's team allows him to take the fight).
      Then unify the last with the remaining champion.
      First fight at Lightweight should be someone like Jorge Linares.

People want to see Loma move up already, but if he moves up next people will say, well he never cleaned up 130; so I say clean up 130 first. The Mikey and Linares fights will still be there after Loma unifies 130. They're not going anywhere. Linares tops out at 135. Mikey's best weights are 135 and 140. I have no doubt Mikey would move up 147 if given a good opponent, but it wouldn't be wise of him.

I would like to see Loma fight 4 times next year, but who knows if that a possibility. Hopefully it is.
      Imagine a 4 fight year with Ogawa, Berchelt, WBA Champion, Linares.

Comment

we live in a era where fighting bums and cherry picking is cool....when u rise to the top of the game you should expect to face the best not pick and choose...time to step up or shut up....i admire what the Errol Spence and Lomachenko are doing for the sport.....they only wanna face the best..

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          I see a lot of people saying that they should wait to marinate the fight, which is understandable.
          My question is: how good do you guys think Davis is?

I think he is better than some give him credit for, but I'm not sure if he is good enough to be a huge factor in the future.

They will marinate the Lomachenko vs. Garcia fight because that is the big fight for these guys.
          Loma and Garcia would probably be the favorites to beat everyone from 140 and below. Even though Loma has yet to fight at 135 and 140.
          One of them will not be the favorite once they have to fight each other.
          Not sure Davis can get to that level.

If I were in Loma's team I would have him keep mentioning Floyd and Davis because that keeps his name more relevant with other people, but also focus more on fighters that actually want to get in the ring.

I say fight Kenichi Ogawa in March for the IBF belt (everybody else is busy for early next year).
          Then fight Miguel Berchelt (hopefully Berchelt's team allows him to take the fight).
          Then unify the last with the remaining champion.
          First fight at Lightweight should be someone like Jorge Linares.

People want to see Loma move up already, but if he moves up next people will say, well he never cleaned up 130; so I say clean up 130 first. The Mikey and Linares fights will still be there after Loma unifies 130. They're not going anywhere. Linares tops out at 135. Mikey's best weights are 135 and 140. I have no doubt Mikey would move up 147 if given a good opponent, but it wouldn't be wise of him.

I would like to see Loma fight 4 times next year, but who knows if that a possibility. Hopefully it is.
          Imagine a 4 fight year with Ogawa, Berchelt, WBA Champion, Linares.
          I like that schedule but I am fairly certain Salido II and Beltran/Moses winner will be next year probably for the 2nd and 3rd fights.

I'd like to see Berchelt next but he has a tune-up in February so the Ogawa fight is an option.

I'd like Linares at the end of the year and maybe if ESPN wanna try a PPV and Linares is that desperate for a payday and GBP can't give him one they may take it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think Mikey will just keep running his mouth, throwing shade but will be completely unrealistic and that fight won't happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I like that schedule but I am fairly certain Salido II and Beltran/Moses winner will be next year probably for the 2nd and 3rd fights.

I'd like to see Berchelt next but he has a tune-up in February so the Ogawa fight is an option.

I'd like Linares at the end of the year and maybe if ESPN wanna try a PPV and Linares is that desperate for a payday and GBP can't give him one they may take it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think Mikey will just keep running his mouth, throwing shade but will be completely unrealistic and that fight won't happen anytime soon.
            I would prefer an Ogawa fight over a Salido II fight at this point.
            Salido should have taken the Loma rematch this year. Salido's team made him miss a good pay day. They actually thought the Loma fight was going to be there forever. Their stubbornness got the best of them on this one.
            It can still happen, but I think Salido should make his way to 135 and have a little comeback if he wants the rematch. Go look at Salido's last weigh-in. He did not look very good. I don't think he makes 130 comfortably.

Ogawa has one of the other belts and that would also prevent Davis from getting the IBF belt.
            Basically, if Davis wants his old belt back he would have to go through Loma or he will have to wait until Loma moves up to 135.
            Ogawa is available for early next year, I say make that fight next. People won't be happy, but everybody else is already scheduled for early next year.
            I think Ogawa would be down to fight.

The Berchelt fight is tricky. Berchelt's team has said they want a tune up and then a fight against Roman. That basically says they won't fight Loma until the second half of next year. If at all.
            I think Roman should be the tune up for Berchelt, honestly.

I really hope Berchelt takes the fight, I really do.
            Loma can target the WBA belt before Berchelt. That can also work.

Linares only has Loma and Mikey for big fights, so he should take it.
            The Loma vs. Mikey fight is not going to be easy to make. People will put most of the blame on Arum and Loma, but Mikey has shown to be hard to deal with as well. Can you really blame though, everybody wants the best for themselves.
            I do think the fight will happen. Just not next like everybody wants. They'll probably fight in 2019.

I think Loma should focus on 130 for now. Linares and Mikey aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Funny. Interesting. Hopefully they are building to a Davis/Loma fight down the road when Davis has a better chance of winning when he has more experience.
              Bro...you are a legit boxing fan. Do you think Davis is actually going to get any better? Don't you see any similarities in this kid to Broner? Able to melt down, struggling to do so and showcasing power..I mean this is like a smaller version of Adrien, like damn it screams Broner 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                A lot of Olympians are grown men though
                Yea but its a joke cuz he turned pro later.

Comment

maybe floyd could come out of retirement and fight lomachenko if hes so useless? He was happy to fight mcgregor not long ago, hed have the size advantage against lomachenko too. What a win that would be for floyd....

Comment

Floyd is a joke and Davis cant even make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      davis has 19 fights total. loma only has 11.............
                      Are you trying to claim Davis has more boxing experience than Loma? OMFG

Comment

Working...
                      X