Simple diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple diet

Hey guys

Im kickboxing twice a week, and training in fitness 1-2 times also.

Im not competing, and im not really working out to be looking like a bodybuilder, og build muscle in particular, only to be in good shape and healthy. So i dont follow the typically guidelines, but i want to hear your guys input on my approach.

Meal 1: Either oatmeal with cherries or whole wheat bread and eggs.

Meal 2: Whole wheat bread ( rugbread in danish ) with toppings ( cole cut, eggs, fish, chicken etc. ) with fruit and an snack bar

meal 3: Veggies, carbs, and some meat typically not dark meat, often chicken, fish.

Snack: Peanuts, fruit, cola light, protein bars.

Im 22 years old, 183 cm and around 180-183 lbs.

Originally posted by Moller View Post
    Hey guys

Im not competing, and im not really working out to be looking like a bodybuilder, og build muscle in particular, only to be in good shape and healthy. So i dont follow the typically guidelines, but i want to hear your guys input on my approach.

Meal 2: Whole wheat bread ( rugbread in danish ) with toppings ( cole cut, eggs, fish, chicken etc. ) with fruit and an snack bar

meal 3: Veggies, carbs, and some meat typically not dark meat, often chicken, fish.

I think that's a simple enough diet that should work to keep you healthy.

Get rid of the light cola, though.

Comment

Hey guys

Sounds like a healthy diet. I'd add more vegetables/salad but except for that you're on the right track to staying at your current weight. Best of luck!

Comment

Looks good. Based on your height/weight/level of activity your calorie maintenance is roughly 2900 so just don't go above that too often

Comment

Hey guys

Rugbrød på Engelsk hedder "Rye bread".

Food choices look solid enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridd91 View Post
            Rugbrød på Engelsk hedder "Rye bread".

Food choices look solid enough.
            In agreement.

Comment

There are a long list of teas that would be more beneficial than cola light. Also, the odd black coffee wouldn't be a bad idea. Assuming meal 2 is lunchtime/midday meal, I'd turn it into more of a light salad. Add some leafy veg and drop the bread. Another breakfast to consider is cottage cheese with cashews mixed in. Super simple and very healthy.

One other tip, you should expand your options for each meal. Don't go crazy, but just really research more variety that are things you like and aren't ridiculously time-consuming to prepare. It's easier to stick to a diet plan when you aren't eating the same things day in and day out.

If you follow your diet religiously, then having a cheat day each week is fine. It is weird but cheat days really do change your mentality. Back in the day I used to get on these extremely regimented diet plans with no margin for error. Within a couple of weeks I'd fall off the horse and gorge on chocolate or something. But adding a cheat day stopped that dead in it's tracks. When you walk in a store and see your favourite chocolate and think "damn I wish I could have that but I'm following a POW diet..." is a lot different than thinking "Ah, I will have that on Saturday when anything goes..." Just puts you in a different headspace.

Anyway, hope this advice is of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                There are a long list of teas that would be more beneficial than cola light. Also, the odd black coffee wouldn't be a bad idea. Assuming meal 2 is lunchtime/midday meal, I'd turn it into more of a light salad. Add some leafy veg and drop the bread. Another breakfast to consider is cottage cheese with cashews mixed in. Super simple and very healthy.

One other tip, you should expand your options for each meal. Don't go crazy, but just really research more variety that are things you like and aren't ridiculously time-consuming to prepare. It's easier to stick to a diet plan when you aren't eating the same things day in and day out.

If you follow your diet religiously, then having a cheat day each week is fine. It is weird but cheat days really do change your mentality. Back in the day I used to get on these extremely regimented diet plans with no margin for error. Within a couple of weeks I'd fall off the horse and gorge on chocolate or something. But adding a cheat day stopped that dead in it's tracks. When you walk in a store and see your favourite chocolate and think "damn I wish I could have that but I'm following a POW diet..." is a lot different than thinking "Ah, I will have that on Saturday when anything goes..." Just puts you in a different headspace.

Anyway, hope this advice is of some help.
                I go heavy these days with black tea, no black coffee anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I go heavy these days with black tea, no black coffee anymore.
                  What brand? Did you have to ween yourself off the coffee?

Comment

Working...
                  X